Posted by Nicole
When I first read about spaghetti squash, I was immediately intrigued. First off, I love vegetables. Second, this vegetable resembles pasta. Third, it’s delicious.
I scrounged around for an easy way to cook spaghetti squash, and finally found a winning technique. So don’t mind searching, here is the easiest, fastest technique.
- Purchase a spaghetti squash, its most in-season time is during fall.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, length-wise.
- Use a knife, fork, or your hands to pull out the inner strings and seeds.
- Place half of the spaghetti squash open-side down in a 8×8 glass pan.
- Pour 1/2 cup hot water into the pan.
- Cover pan with microwavable plastic wrap.
- Microwave for 7-10 minutes, depending how large your squash is.
- Take out *with ovenmitts, it will be hot* and let cool for a few minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap and use fork to scrape out the squash.
- Mix with other ingredients or enjoy in it’s natural state!
The half I cooked yielded about 3 cups of squash. As for my dressing, I poured on some Italian Dressing and Balsamic Vinegar, and then added fresh ground pepper. It was fast, healthy, and a good switch-up from the vegetables I’m used to eating.
For more information on spaghetti squash, check out Fabulous Foods post, “Discovering Spaghetti Squash.”
Now go get your squash on!
Q4U: Have you ever tried spaghetti squash? Do you like it as much as I do?!
12 comments on “How to Cook Spaghetti Squash”
Pingback: Grocery Girl | Sugar Coated Sisters
Pingback: Spider Woman | Sugar Coated Sisters
Pingback: Squashed | Sugar Coated Sisters
Pingback: Rupdate! | Sugar Coated Sisters
Pingback: NON-Vegan Lunches | Sugar Coated Sisters
Pingback: WIAW 8/24: | Sugar Coated Sisters
Pingback: Spaghetti Squash Stress |
Leave a Reply Cancel reply