Posted by Nicole
I woke up 2 hours earlier than expected today. Doing what I do best, I stayed in my PJs and attacked my Google Reader. After reading Evan’s post about “Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats,” I knew what I wanted for breakfast. Step aside my beloved breakfast sandwich, today I want some peach oats!
Everyone loves cake.
It seems that only some people love pie.
I’m not the hugest fan of pie, but a good slice of pie has the potential to convert me someday.
This bowl reminded me of pie. Warm, peachy, gooey, cinnamon-infused pie.
Peach Pie Oats
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/8 cup (2 T) oat bran
- 1/8 cup (2 T) egg whites
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1.5 t cinnamon
- 1 T toasted coconut (leftover from baking!)
- oats ‘n honey granola
- peach puff cereal
Cinnamon and warm peaches with a bit of crunch from the granola, this bowl was a success. I used to eat oatmeal EVERY DAY before school my senior year of high school. Somehow a bowl would keep me full from 7:15-11:00… And now my bowls never keep me full enough! I’ve tried adding egg whites to add more protein, but I’m still not having much success.
This was going to serve as fuel for my day at work, but I just got a call that I won’t be needed until later this week. The office manager that I was filling in for is back from her month-long vacation to Europe, so now I will have a lot more time on my hands! (Sorry ahead of time for my ridiculous amount of posting…)
- Starfish necklace – Juicy Couture
- Tank and sweater – Maurices
- Pants – Gap (got these for $19 down from $50 last Thursday!)
- Shoes – Clarks
Yes, that is Lauren’s room, not mine. Mine is always clean… and her’s, not so much. Anyhow, I was dressed and ready for work and now I’m unsure what my morning has in store! I do have to run an errand to exchange a gift I got for Lauren’s birthday celebration NEXT WEEK!!! Maybe I’ll take a casual bike ride because the weather is beautiful? We’ll see!
Q4U: How do you make your oatmeal bowls more “filling”?
Q4U: Pie or cake?! What kind of pie/cake is your favorite?
I love ice cream cake. Cookies ‘n Cream. And mountains of frosting. THE END!
- Hiked Bishop's Peak for Fake Beerfest Part I @ Bishop Peak (The Summit) instagram.com/p/ZvptI7yBPv/ 2 hours ago
- and <3 this photo of our growing family #ff #dsrwedding @nicoleolerich instagram.com/p/Zs6jLayBHx/ 1 day ago
- also beyond excited that 10 of our cousins made it to the #dsrwedding from the midwest :) #ff instagram.com/p/Zs6KN6SBHK/ 1 day ago