Posted by Lauren
Today’s run was just what the doctor ordered. I completed 6 miles on the treadmill while watching Designed to Sell on HGTV.
- 7.0 mph @ 2.0 incline for 1 mile
- 7.7 mph @ 2.0 incline for 1 mile
- 7.3 mph @ 2.0 incline for 1 mile
- Repeat for the next three miles
- Cry a little at mile 5 because you’re getting tired
- Push through until mile 6 is over and then cool down for 5 minutes
Things I learned on HGTV: pillows can be made from napkins for, like, $4. All you need is iron-on seam tape? Also, red walls are bad. And nobody likes to see your underwear in see-through cabinets.
I stacked my tupperware to increase microwave efficiency time. So smart. :)
Today’s lunch was fan-fan-fannntastic and I owe it all to Newman – Newman’s Own that is.
I topped a mountain of quinoa and steamed broccoli with a bunch of Newman’s Own Sockarooni sauce. If you don’t have a favorite pasta sauce yet, you’ve got to give this one a try. It’s like a candy coating for quinoa. (ps thanks for making quinoa last night Nicole!)
Maybe I’ll use the remaining quinoa for my 5 am breakfast tomorrow. EESH! Early morning flight. Grrreat. Would it be weird to have pasta sauce in my breakfast?
And to keep true to my promise, I scarfed down a pb&j sandwich right before leaving work so that I wouldn’t be a crazy pants in the van.
I made a quick stop at the gym for a workout inspired by Women’s Health Magazine September issue.
Full-body Strength Training Workout
- Body-weight squat (15 reps)
- Plank (30 seconds)
- Bent-over row with L-raise (15 reps)
- Pushups (25 girly)
- Curtsy lunges (15 reps on each side)
- Repeat the above 5 moves once more through
- Single-arm dumbbell swing (15 reps on each side, 12lb weight)
- Dumbbell squat to overhead press (15 reps, 10lb weight)
- Stability-ball hamstring curl (15 reps, hold the last rep for 30 seconds)
- Pushup row (15 reps on each side, alternate, 10lb weight)
- Stability-ball jackknife (15 reps)
- Dumbbell T-stabilization OUCH! (15 reps on each side, alternate, 10lb weight)
- Dumbbell chest press on stability ball (15 reps, 10lb weight)
- Dumbbell lunge with bicep curl (15 reps on each side, alternate, 10lb weight)
That took about 30 minutes. Moves 1 – 5 focus on basic body-weight exercises that put less strain on the upper body. The remaining moves focus on more explosive plyometrics and metabolism-revving (their words, not mine) strength training/total body moves. If you have time, repeat the above 8 moves once more through… I didn’t do a second set because Nicole had dinner waiting for me!
Question: Quinoa + ?? = Sweet, Quick Breakfast (aka not savory). Ideas?!!
3 comments on “Full-body Strength Training Workout”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Lauren’s TwitterMy Tweets
Nicole’s TwitterMy Tweets