Posted by Lauren
Saturday morning I woke up after a FULL 8 hours of sleep. I rarely get 8 hours of sleep but LOVE it when I do! Well rested, I laced up my sneakers and ran 4 miles to downtown Los Gatos for a new-to-me workout class called Pure Barre (50 University Ave Suite B-101, Los Gatos, CA 95030).
I struggled to find the studio and a passerby informed me that it was under California Cafe, one of the best restaurants I’ve been to in Los Gatos (good memories, right Cori/Morgan/Nicole/Shirley?)
The description of Pure Barre, straight from their website:
The Pure Barre Technique is a total body workout that burns fat and produces lifted seats, toned arms, thin thighs, and flat abs by fusing elements of ballet, pilates and weights in a 55 minute intense session.
Pure Barre is intelligent exercise. The technique protects your joints as it does not involve any bouncing or jumping. Each strength section of the workout is followed by a stretching section in order to create long, lean muscle without bulk.
The sculpting and toning class focused on arms, thighs, hips, the gluteus region, and abs. I was surprised at how microscopic each movement was supposed to be. During one hip strength move, the teacher told me to make my circle motion smaller, almost as if I was circling her pinky finger.
The tuck-tuck-hold, tuck-tuck-hold moves BURNED like the 1666 Great Fire of London. My legs SHOOK more fiercely than the San Andreas Fault. I winced in pain numerous times and took more REST BREAKS than John Mayer has break-ups.
Despite all of that, I really liked it. I am signed up for another class Sunday night and Tuesday night. Wahoo!
After class I ran the 4 miles back to my car. Sweaty!
See, it was a Pure Barre Sandwich!
- 4 miles @ 7:50/mile pace < < trying not to be late to class
- Pure Barre (burning, shaking, rest breaks)
- 4 miles @ 8:50/mile pace < < tired from class
When I got home, I popped the following into my food processer for a cool, thick “smoothie”:
- frozen banana
- Oikos greek yogurt
- handful of spinach
- About Time cake batter protein powder
- espresso powder
- ice + water (just a little)
The cinnamon was key!
REAL Question: Ever tried Pure Barre? What are your thoughts?
Other Question: What are your thoughts on this Nicole Miller dress? ;)
It looks really pink in this picture, but it’s actually a coral color. Saks Fifth Ave is selling it for $440 here, but [after Pure Barre] I saw it in a Los Gatos boutique for $150… why can’t I collect dresses for a living?
- and <3 this photo of our growing family #ff #dsrwedding @nicoleolerich instagram.com/p/Zs6jLayBHx/ 15 hours ago
- also beyond excited that 10 of our cousins made it to the #dsrwedding from the midwest :) #ff instagram.com/p/Zs6KN6SBHK/ 15 hours ago
- too soon for #ff? I think not. LOVE this girl, so grateful for her help with #dsloverun & #dsrwedding… instagram.com/p/Zs5CL9SBFv/ 15 hours ago