Posted by Nicole
Rather than taking the typical college-student approach and naturally waiting for the cold to go away, I’ve been chugging cold medicine every 4 hours on the dot to expedite the process. Medicine and healthy food = key to success?
[Spinach, Onion, Mushroom Egg White Omelette, Fruit, Pomegranate Green Tea]
Last week in fitness terms was super good. I even forced myself to do something other than cardio.
Breaking it down…
- Sunday- 30 mins treadmill, 20 mins elliptical, 20 mins stationary bike
- Monday- rest
- Tuesday- 30 mins treadmill, 10 mins elliptical, 20 mins treadmill, 35 mins elliptical
- Wednesday- 35 mins treadmill, 60 mins elliptical
- Thursday- 35 mins elliptical, 15 mins lower body/abs
- [Hamstring ball curls + Single leg deadlifts = sore bum]
- Friday- 2 mile track walk with Lauren, 10 mins abs
Lauren and I had fun at the track while walking, listening to the band practice, and reading blogs out loud to each other. Then we did some situps and Russian twists at the weird wooden workout stations next to the track. Call me
weak crazy, but my abs were SORE from the few sets we did.
I didn’t workout Saturday or Sunday because of my cold, but come Monday I decided that two rest days was plenty. After DG’s Monday Night Dinner and some quality homework time (hear that, Mom?), I headed to the gym.
To give myself some sanity, I started using iCal. I’m including my classes, sorority events, mandatory homework periods, and GYM time. I LOVE iCal already.
[Can you tell I'm Type A?]
The plan for Monday was a 20 minute run, 30 minutes on the elliptical, and 10 minutes of abs; but apparently my body had different plans.
All I wanted to do was run run run. I set a PDR today by running 9 MILES of my total 10.26 MILES on the treadmill (I need my walking breaks). Why did I do this? No idea. Potential reasons…
- I think my body/mind needed to do run because I”m getting a little paranoid about the Silicon Valley Turkey Trot 10K that I’ll be doing next Thursday AND the Hollywood Half Marathon
- I needed to sweat out the bottle of champagne that I consumed on Saturday morning
- I wanted to set my mind on autopilot for 100 minutes
Regardless of the reason, it felt great to run. This song really got me going at mile 8 and is perfect for a running pace of 6.4 or 6.5 mph.
Today gave me the fitness boost I needed to motivate me to pick up running and officially start training. Winter Break is when I’ll officially get a detailed training schedule and I’m so excited :)
Post-run I refueled quickly and chocolaty (yes that’s a word!)
And now it is time to do more homework and head to bed!
I hope you also had a great workout today and enjoyed some chocolate.
Q4U: What’s the next race you’re participating in? Any Turkey Trotters out there?
Lauren’s TwitterMy Tweets
Nicole’s TwitterMy Tweets