Posted by Lauren
Odds and ends time.
Katie, Kyle and I left “Black
Out Wednesday” at Los Gatos Bar & Grill to go to Katie Blooms in Campbell. Katie Blooms trivia night with friends > schmoozing with high school alumni at LGBG. Plus, some of the girls at LGBG confused Los Gatos with Las Vegas…. inappropriate outfits for shurrrrre.
1. Trivia nights prove just how little I know. Most stolen book from libraries: Guinness World Book of Records. Next word in the sequence? O T T F F S S E _?
2. Veggie burger split down the middle? Yes, please. Carbs for the Turkey Trot!
3. Extra pickles, too.
The day after Thanksgiving, also known as “Black Friday”:
4. Banana bread, spice bread, banana, coffee = breakfast
6. Strapless? One-strap? Peach color…. I know what we chose but you can wait until September 2012! ;)
7. Kyle and I went to the movie theater on Friday.
8. Mr. Clooney and Miss Secret Life of the American Teenager: great father-daughter chemistry.
9. We saw The Descendants… Anybody else catch this movie in theaters this week?
10. I really enjoyed the movie! I thought Shailene Woodley did an amazing job, too. I was crying out of one eye non-stop.
11. After the movie, it was dinner time! Spicy Stir Fry mix with brussels sprouts + a little garlic olive oil…
12. Cooked the sprouts on the stove top and then popped them in the oven for a little bit
13. Meanwhile, Kyle whipped up some appetizers
14. French bread, herbed goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, and some spices(?)
15. We opened Almanac Beer Co’s Summer 2010 Vintage Blackberry Ale
16. Oh, and we went to BevMo to visit SARAH!!!!!
17. Back to the beer…. OH MY FRICKING GOODNESS. This was the best beer I have ever tasted. The folks behind Almanac Beer use a slow, natural brewing process that involves aged oak red wine barrels. More info on their inventive bottling methods HERE. I need to get my hands on their latest release: Autumn 2011 Farmhouse Ale
18. Later that night, Sarah came over (after her BevMo shift) and joined Nicole, Kyle, and myself for some M&M’s, Triscuits, and BOGGLE! Nicole is so good at Boggle. Sarah definitely gave her a run for her money!
19. Saturday, around noon, Kyle and I rolled out of bed and on to my tandem bike. We rode around the nearby lake…
20. He looks like he is having fun, right? :)
21. I chose a Burrito Bowl with “chicken” (?)
22. Kyle ordered a burrito with “chicken”
23. We dined at Rhinoz Mad Tacos – a mexi-asian grill place that came highly recommended by Megan (the bride-to-be). Kyle and I were a bit disenchanted with the greasy chicken. They have a great concept, they just need to work on their social media and marketing. If they can get more people in the door, they can get their food circulating faster.
24. – 26. It’s Christmas time in our house.
27. After a quick mother-daughters shopping trip, we came home so Nicole could cheer on her Trojans. They won 94 to ZERO or something ridiculous like that.
28. Nicole made some type of veggie omelette…
29. While I ate rice + veggies with spicy salsa and red pepper hummus…
30. Don’t be fooled by the veggies. There were M&M’s, sweet n’ sour candies (from Kerry), and we, uh, baked a sweet potato, pumpkin bundt cake. Nicole’s got more info on that…
Share a story with us!!!!
- Trivia challenges
- Bridesmaid dresses
- The Descendants and/or Secret Life of the American Teenager
- Brussels sprouts
- Tandem bicycles
- Christmas decorations
- _______ < < Other
2 comments on “Thirty Thanksgiving Things”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply