Posted by Lauren
It’s lunchtime for this girl!
Bed of spinach, tossed in olive oil + balsamic vinegar, topped with carrots, tomato/cucumber salsa, artichokes, mushrooms, and PROTEIN! in 4 forms: egg whites, tuna, chicken, and tofu!
I packed this salad with tons of protein for a few reasons:
- Ever since Fran told me about the Dukan diet I’ve been aware of my protein intake. It was low. Eggs, chicken, tofu, and tuna to the rescue!
- I’m lifting weights as part of the Jamie Eason LiveFit trainer program and Nicole’s always telling me protein + weight lifting is like peanut butter + jelly… they NEED each other.
My more recent lunches have been salad+protein inspired, as well…
Wednesday’s southwestern salad with lime chicken
Thursday’s salad had a crumbled veggie patty on top with a side of cornbread (!!!obsessed!!!) and a peanut butter cookie
And yesterday I continued the protein kick with this sampler before my workout:
I skipped the cheese, but ate everything else like this:
- Take a bite of the pepperoncini
- Take a bite of something else
- Chew, swallow, repeat
I think it’s time to revisit my pepperoncini hummus!
Going into the holiday season, I’m also trying my best to keep up with my fitness. I just read over on Janetha’s Meals & Moves blog that she’s organizing a Dedicated December challenge. We are about the same way through Jamie’s program, so I found it particularly interesting that she wants to stick to the remaining 27 planned workouts and finish the program in December. I’m going to try my best to keep up with her and STAY ACTIVE this month. Any takers? Check out her blog for more info!
This morning I completed day 52 - chest/abs along with a 20 minute “total body” program on the elliptical. Last night I did 20 minutes on the elliptical, day 50 – arms/abs, and then biked for 30 minutes while catching up on blogs. (day 51 has to wait until Saturday… lack of leg machines.)
Wednesday night I went a little crazypants on the treadmill and warmed up for 1 mile, completed 5×400 sprints (0.25 miles @ 9.0 mph, 0.75 miles @7.5 pace), and then cooled down for another mile or so…
Running feels so good sometimes… ya know?
Oh, and I lost a little weight on Wednesday…
4-7 inches!!!!!!! < < I’m freaking out trying to adjust!!!!!!!
Question: What’s your favorite protein? Favorite ways to serve it up?
Question: Do you have a “plan of action” for December’s fitness?
6 comments on “Get Physical: Update + Protein + Dedicated December”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- and <3 this photo of our growing family #ff #dsrwedding @nicoleolerich instagram.com/p/Zs6jLayBHx/ 2 hours ago
- also beyond excited that 10 of our cousins made it to the #dsrwedding from the midwest :) #ff instagram.com/p/Zs6KN6SBHK/ 2 hours ago
- too soon for #ff? I think not. LOVE this girl, so grateful for her help with #dsloverun & #dsrwedding… instagram.com/p/Zs5CL9SBFv/ 3 hours ago