Since I’ve Been Home

Posted by Nicole

For some reason, typing “Since I’ve Been Home” automatically makes me start to sing Kelly Clarkson’s “Since You’ve Been Gone” in my head.

Anyways, here’s an update about what I’ve been up to over the past few days, since I’ve been home.

1.  I’ve loved having a kitchen, especially one with 5 stove burners, a double oven, a double sink, a huge fridge/freezer, and granite countertops!  So much better than the dorm’s kitchenette!

Oddly enough, I haven’t really been taking advantage of the kitchen’s commodities.  I’ve been eating two things over and over again– bowls of oat bran and omelettes.  Easy, healthy, consistent, and I’m still not sick of them.

Nope that’s not dirt on top.

I finally got to try this!  The verdict: I couldn’t really taste it…

I’ve also been taking advantage of frozen berries.  I’ve missed them oh so much.  I’m starting to think frozen fruit is better than normal.

Especially when it’s frozen banana and nutella.  MMM.

I also cooked up my favorite veggie, spaghetti squash!

Along with an omelette with carrots, spinach, mushrooms, garlic powder, pepper, and nooch.

Heaven on a plate.

2.  I’ve also been getting back into my workout schedule now that the stress of finals is over.

By running, OUTSIDE!!!

And showing off my bright pink socks :)

I’ve also had a gym buddy!

No Hands!

Getting Vogue.

Unfortunately, our gym is closed this week for construction.  Bally’s 7 Day “trial” passes to the rescue!

Being at a 2-story gym is surprisingly fun.  You can watch people sweat/lift and it makes time pass by more quickly when you are sharing the pain.  [btw, Runner’s World made an article just for me– “Running with the Devil”– it’s about running with someone who is way faster than you… cough Lauren cough]  Speaking of…

I stuck to ellipticizing [totally a word] while Lauren ran and did another day of Jamie Eason’s LiveFit trainer [it was a legs day].

On the way home, we drove by an awesome Christmas lights display.

That’s not even including their yard.  These people are intense!

3.  I’ve also been doing a lot of the normal, not so interesting stuff.  Laundry, dishes, organizing drawers, basically just things to keep me busy while I sit at home all day and wait until my friends come home for break.

I started a new book, ChiRunning.  My mom has read it and Lauren has started it, so I figured I’d join in on the fun.  It’s great so far, even though it seems to be on the “hippie” side of running theory.

I also got my hair done [more blonde] and got my bones adjusted.  My neck feels sooo much better.

The only bad thing has been a really weird 2-day sinus headache/cold thing.  The chiropractor gave me some enzymes to help, and help they sure did!

I feel great today and am excited for the upcoming weekend.  We are going up to our house in Groveland and it will be a nice switch up from my lazy days at home.  Plus, I *might* see some snow :)

Q4U: Any good books I should read?  Or movies I should rent?

Q4U: Do you spell it “omelet” or “omelette”?

I do omelette and I honestly do not know which is correct…

Comments (15)

1. Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters

Since U Been Gone!!!

Yay reading material for the ellip!

Omelette?

2. Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn

I. miss. omelettes.

1. Sugar Coated Sisters (Post author)

Eggmug in the microwave! Easy solution :)

3. The Clearly Visible Hand

Love those $475 socks… :P

1. Sugar Coated Sisters (Post author)

MICHAEL! I know you miss them :)

4. Allison @ Allison's Delicious Life

Omelette, I think???

The frozen banana and nutella looks amaaaaazing. Must get on that!

I just got home, too, and I must say it’s amazing. I thought i’d be taking full advantage of the kitchen, but I’m so exhausted that I’ve been laying low and enjoying simple, repetitive eats, too!

5. Tara

I started singing since you been gone at the beginning of this post too!! I need to find that spice grinder at TJ’s. Even if you could barely taste it… I’ll grind it for an hour if I have to!

I started ChiRunning but had to return it to the library so I never finished it. I’d love to hear your thoughts when you’re done!

6. livinglearningeating

Christmas decorations are awesome! I’m enjoying Candace Bushnell’s chick lit right now. ;)

7. IHeartVegetables

Hahaha I couldn’t really taste the stuff from the TJ’s grinder either! Weird.

I love using my parents kitchen. Mine is nice but theirs is HUGE. It’s so fun having two ovens and stuff, haha

8. Alexiasana

omelette and oatmeal- perfect breakfast! your oatbran bowls look so creamy! loving it!

9. Katie

As soon as I read the title of your post, I immediately had that song in my head! Too funny. My gym has two floors like that two, so when I do laps around the track I can see people lifting weights and swimming. I like the set-up!

10. glitzglamgranola

After I read the title of your post, Since You Been Gone has been stuck in my head haha I haven’t heard that song in forever. And glad I’m not the only one who didn’t taste the grinder stuff- I bought it because everyone was raving about it but I couldn’t taste it? Not sure what I did wrong! Glad you are having some time to relax at home!

11. Jessica Howells

I need a workout buddy!! Wanna come to Chicago?!

12. Kathryn @ Flopoodle

Enjoy your break! Home is the best and I always appreciate it so much more when I’ve been away.

13. Pingback: Breakfast of Champions | Sugar Coated Sisters