Posted by Nicole
Today was another busy day up north. Here’s how it went down:
- Woke up at 8, showered, ate breakfast (spinach egg scramble, honey bunches of oats)
- Drove into Yosemite Valley
- First stop was at Tuolumne Grove for some hiking and obligatory photo ops.
This hike was 3 miles and wrapped all through the trees. The first half was downhill and we had fun playing tag. The way up… not so fun. It was lots of incline and our layers of clothing sure started to heat up!
[The Giant Sequoia]
- Post-hike #1, we drove further into Yosemite Valley. I fell asleep in the car, but my mom snapped some photos at The Swinging Bridge.
- It got to be 2 PM and I was soooo tired, soooo in need of coffee, and soooo hungry. We ate lunch at the Ahwahnee Hotel’s bar/lounge (this was the same place we went with Vanessa).
I started with coffee and my mom ordered a hot chocolate. As for meals, I ordered the same entrée I had last time (because it’s one of the few veg options- the Whole Wheat Veggie Wrap). Get ready for some really good quality pictures…
Sam ordered the Pastrami Sandwich, my mom ordered the Field Greens Salad and Chicken Apple Waldorf Croissant, and David ordered the Curried Butternut Squash soup. Everything was ready in about 10 minutes and it all tasted delicious.
- Ready for the second hike of the day, we took the trail from the hotel to Mirror Lake. The lake was very very low on water, but it was still a nice hiking spot.
[Reflection in the water]
- My mom and I split from David and Sam (unintentionally), but we all met up about an hour (3 miles) later back at the Ahwahnee. After a quick stop at the gift shop for some *almost* last-minute Christmas shopping, it was time to drive back to Groveland.
- On the way, we decided to stop for pizza!
Here are some more really good quality pics…
Endless salad bar (x2) and a pizza with pesto, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts (and sausage/pepperoni also on half). AND some chicken wings.
I didn’t snap a photo when it first came because we were all excited to eat, as you can see. Our bodies needed refueling!
- For the rest of the night, Sam and I worked on a puzzle and snacked on marshmallows. It’s not done yet, but it will be tomorrow!
Until then, goodnight!
4 comments on “Giant Trees and Huge Rocks.”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Lauren’s TwitterMy Tweets
Nicole’s TwitterMy Tweets