Posted by Nicole
Wow… let’s just move right past the fact that I haven’t blogged in almost a week.
Today I had an off-campus adventure and it was exactly what I needed. It’s easy to feel trapped on the USC campus during weekend daytimes. Nighttimes sure are fun, as James Franco’s new show, “Undergrads,” portrays.
Have any of you heard of/seen this show? It basically looks like USC is a place for partying, hooking up, drinking, and running from the campus police. Accurate? Maybe… But that’s only 10% of what the school is all about. Anyways…………
I took full advantage of the 10% crazyness on Thursday night…
[Not having Friday class is such a blessing.]
Friday was a lazy day filled with snacks, friends, homework, academic advising, and 4 miles. Speaking of running, if you’re not my buddy on DailyMile, add me because I have like….. 5 friends. Please make me feel more socially acceptable and let’s obsess over each other’s workouts, okay? Thanks ;) I promise my slow mile splits will boost your self esteem, too.
Today (Saturday), my friend Hanah picked Allison and me up from USC so we could roam around LA and experience the real world for a few hours. This is what went down:
- Dropped off my laundry at Hanah’s house in Beverly Hills. Her mom SO GRACIOUSLY washed and folded all my nasty workout clothes for me. She is an angel, and hopefully my fresh clothes will score me some points with the strong fellas at the gym.
- Drove to Santa Monica Promenade and walked around. It was packed!
- Ordered a SF hazelnut blonde roast and chugged it like ice water. I LOVE this combo, but my wallet does not. If anyone wants to send me some Starbucks gift cards I will return the favor with unconditional love. My birthday is in March ;)
- Raided Crossroads Trading Store and posed with ugly Ed Hardy clothing. Don’t be fooled, my smile is deceptive… I was mentally throwing up. Christian Audigier should be slapped.
- I bought clothes in my two favorite colors: gray and black. My mom used to yell at me when shopping because I would only pick out gray sweaters, regardless of the fact that I had 293 collecting dust in my closet. Gray shirt is Brandy Melville ($10), patterned navy dress behind is is Obey ($28), plus some other great deals. I got a shirt that reminds me of Miley Cyrus; I can’t wait to pretend I’m her, minus the bong rips and obnoxious voice.
- Snatched this “vintage” Dooney & Burke beauty for $28 dollars. Crossing my fingers and toes that it’s real. People in LA would probably know the difference. Anyways, I spent too much money today and that’s that.
- Drove past “the church that Avril Lavigne and Reese Witherspoon sometimes go to”… at least that’s what my LA tour guide, Hanah, told me.
- Drove past Pink’s, an extremely popular chilidog/burger joint. The line was super long. I guess 72 years of experience with weiners means they’re the best. (twss, wow I’m disgusting, sorry)
- Got some much needed fuel at Chipotle. I’m loving the brown rice option. There’s no such thing as too much fiber!
- Stopped by Hanah’s house again so she could grab her bags before driving back to school. Her mom gifted me two boxes of cereal and she might be my favorite member of the family now (sorry Hanah). I think I’m going to be venturing to their house much more often ;)
- I mean seriously, her Labradoodle has a beard and long white eyebrows. Adorable. I’m dropping out of school and moving in.
It was a great day, indeed.
Q4U: Did you watch the first episode of Undergrads this past week? Watch the trailer video here.
I haven’t seen it yet, but it sure has created some drama with the USC administration!
Q4U: If you could have a lifetime supply of cereal, which brand/flavor would you choose?
I’m gonna say MultiGrain Cheerios (if I’m being healthy) or Reese’s Puffs (if I’m being unhealthy).
3 comments on “I Bought Crossroads”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply