Posted by Nicole
1. WHY doesn’t the USC Lyon Center (the gym) have any fans? Literally there are zero and it gets really damn hot in there. Please- get some fans or actually turn on the A/C. Another thing, look what is now installed in the bathrooms… a blowing hand dryer…
OK, as much as I love being green, saving paper towels, and improving sustainability, this is a problem. Don’t they know that I need 5 paper towels at least to get the sweat off my face/neck/chest/back after I work out? TMI? Maybe.
And lastly, WHY don’t they have more treadmills in the facility? There are… let me count in my head… 14… counting both the first and second floors. There are 19,516 students at the university. The probability of getting a treadmill at the Lyon Center is like Russian Roulette. And I don’t like to play.
WHY can’t they get more machines? Do we not have the funding? I highly doubt that, considering these are the new mugs in the dining halls…
In this past week, two of the (few) treadmills broke down and were removed from the second floor, leaving a big empty sad waste of space. Because of the shortage (to the pre- shortage), people now stare at you while you run and just wait until you are done. And when you are finally done, it’s like WWIII for all the people waiting. People love their cardio, USC. We need more treadmills. (But let’s keep the mugs too, cause they’re cute.)
2. Ugh, these types of flip-flops make me cringe. As much as I sympathize with short people (I am only 5’6″ and wish I was 5’8″ like my mom and sister), these shoes are just terrible. WHY? Wear a wedge. Or a bouffant. Flip-flops were meant to be flat!!!!!!!!!!
3. WHY did my body decide to get sick and tired the day before a huge midterm? Yesterday I was surrounded by the 6 essentials of life to help me through my studying: water, chai tea (caffeine!), cheap DayQuil, Monster (more caffeine!),
tissues ghetto toilet paper, and cough drops (menthol and vitamin C!).
WHY, body, WHY? Anyways, the midterm went well… at least I think so. It sucks to leave a test and feel great and then realize you didn’t do as well as you thought. Let’s hope this wasn’t one of those tests.
4. WHY is there a stereotype that sorority girls don’t eat?
5. Three words for this one- WHY, Lent, WHY?
6. WHY am I so excited for Friday?!!!!!!?!?! Probably because I get to reunite with this weirdo…
She is lucky enough to wake up at 5 AM on Saturday and force me to run 13.1 miles with her. I still can’t believe we pay to do this…
Cheers to a good rest of the week!
Q4U: What is making you say WHY? this week?