Posted by Nicole
Hope you had a good Monday! We have an invite this Friday and it is Luau-themed… AKA be-in-your-best-shape themed. I’m trying to eat “clean” this week and kick the fitness up a notch (last week was lazy while my knee healed). I got a full 10 hours of sleep last night and actually made a conscious effort to eat mindfully today. Here are some scenes from the day.
- simple breakfast: plain 0% chobani, cinnamon/stevia, peaches on top; coffee with almond milk.
- snack in history: voskos vanilla greek yogurt with granola.
- late lunch: salad, egg whites, fruit.
- last Monday Night Dinner of the year: lots of salad and wild rice, and a whole wheat roll.
- MND kicked-off Senior Week: one senior asked two guys from a frat to participate in a pushup contest. even though they were in suits (and probably embarrassed to do calisthenics in front of 100 girls), they somehow managed to do 30… which impressed me considering I can barely do 2… on my knees.
- late night gym sesh: 20 mins elliptical, 2 mile run on the treadmill, and some abs. my knee felt 90% back to normal… taking 6 days off from running works wonders.
- post-gym fuel: banana for the body and tea for the mind… and studying for the GPA.
One day of good eating down, four days to go. Speaking of countdowns, I only have three more days of school left before study days and finals. Insane-o.
Sorry for the short/lame post, but this is to hold myself accountable!
Time for bed!!!
Q4U: If you’re in school, when does summer start for you?
Q4U: If you’re not in school, when is your next vacation?