Posted by Nicole
Alright, here we go. 4 things to catch up on – workouts, meals, school, and random!
1. WORKOUTS - I’ve been doing great on the work out front. I’ve been easing back into running, albeit slowly. I feel like I have lost of a ton of endurance; it’s crazy what one short week off can do! In order to get a couple miles done, I have to alternative running and walking intervals. Oh well, I’m just happy to be able to run pain-free.
- Monday- 20 mins elliptical, 2 mile run
- Tuesday Morning- 35 mins elliptical
- Tuesday Night- 15 mins weights, 3.25 mile run
- Wednesday Morning- 20 mins elliptical
- Wednesday Night- 4 mile run, 1.5 mile incline walk, 10 mins bike
- Thursday- 2 mile run, 1.25 mile incline walk
Overall, lots of fitness. And to fuel the body…
2. MEALS – I’ve been sticking to my “good” eating and have been eating every 2/3-ish hours. Many of my meals and snacks have been repetitive… lots of yogurt, bananas, salad, oat bran, egg whites, fruit, veggies, etc. See for yourself!
- 8:45 AM- 0% plain greek yogurt with stevia/cinnamon, blueberries, strawberries
- 12:30 PM- banana
- 2 PM-salad with beans, feta, corn, mushrooms; topped with some random cream of tomato soup (I love using soup as salad dressing); egg whites; fruit!
- 5 PM- salad, sautéed carrots and green beans
- 7 PM- oat bran with half a banana, stevia/cinnamon
- 9:15 AM- 0% plain greek yogurt with stevia/cinnamon, grapefruit, raspberries; green tea
- 11:30 AM- coffee and milk (I love that Coffee Bean has a purple color scheme AND the coffee is “born and brewed in California”)
- 12:30 PM- banana
- 2:30 PM- salad with beans and cilantro lime dressing; egg whites; fruit; toast (probably fake b/c I don’t understand how a piece of bread can only be 45 calories) and some low-fat cream cheese
- 5:45 PM- salad with lots of salsa; baby carrots; oat bran with stevia/cinnamon
- 9 PM- diet. dr. pepper (yes I broke my 2012 resolution, oh well I needed it after my long workout); salad with carrots and hummus; mushrooms (loving raw mushrooms lately!); eggs. (I was tempted to get a protein bar, but decided to stick to more “natural” foods for my protein and nutrients and opted for the salad bar)
Thursday (so far)-
- 8:45 AM- 0% plain greek yogurt with stevia/cinnamon, grapefruit; coffee with almond milk
- 12:30 PM- salad with eggs, mushrooms, and vegetarian chili on top; sweet potato with cinnamon; banana
- and that’s it so far.
Repetitive, but it’s working and I feel good. Lots of food, lots of snacks, lots of caffeine ;)
3. SCHOOL – I’ve been hyped up on caffeine because this week has been surprisingly busy school-wise. I went to the library on Tuesday night, took a lab final Wednesday night, and had another small final today for my weight training class.
^^^ Luckily a lot of the material on today’s final was review and it went well. One thing from the textbook that I think always deserves some repeating…
Important to remember.
I‘m excited to say that at noon today, I officially finished classes. Finals start next Friday so I have quite a while to study/hang out with friends/study some more/catch up on sleep. The last day of finals is May 9, and then it’s back to the Bay Area!
4. RANDOM – Some internet things that have caught my attention over the past days/weeks.
- This lululemon bra is amazing. SEVEN pockets, made for long runs, and quick-drying.
- This Twaggie made me smile.
Try it, it actually works.
- This “Dear Photograph” made me happy and sad at the same time. The caption reads, “Dear Photograph - When my grandfather came over to visit, he would watch us play in our backyard while we ran around without a care. I’m glad, that in some small way, he got a chance to watch his great-grandson do the same. - Clayton”
Too cute, right?
- This comic made me laugh, probably because sometimes I try to be a hipster.
I immediately sent it to Lauren so she could lol a bit too.
Okay, that was quite a jam-packet post. Hope you are all having great weeks so far!
Q4U: I’m all out of words right now… so just tell me what you are looking forward to this weekend?
One comment on “4 Things”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Lauren’s TwitterMy Tweets
Nicole’s TwitterMy Tweets