Posted by Lauren
This post will be
short and sweet heavy on the pictures and totally random. But somehow it will all come together with a backpack photo.
So you know how Nicole said blogging took a backseat to, uh, real life? Well I feel like that happened when I returned from New York.
After hitting pavement at SFO Saturday afternoon, I rushed down to San Jose to complete a Boo Radley’s Cupcakes order.
Champagne Toast to Dad’s Demise – champagne cake, champagne pastry cream filling, champagne frosting
Burris’ Burnt Sugar Cookie Cake – burnt sugar cake with butterscotch chips, caramel filling, burnt sugar frosting, dark chocolate sprinkles and caramel drizzle (one of our spiffed-up southern classics)
Nicole and Cassie were a huge help under such a time crunch. Thank you!!
Immediately after the cupcake drop-off, I drove up to my new home in Mountain View, showered, and hopped on my bicycle to…… bike to Kyle’s! Folks, don’t tell Kyle this, but I’m sneaking up on him. First our distance was 3.5 hours (SLO) then 1.5 hours (Monterey) then 35 mins (San Jose) and now it’s barely 15 minutes!
We watched The Dark Knight….
And I ate soup + chips….
Sunday we went to the local Farmer’s Market and sampled a million peaches, nectarines, plums, and berries.
Mountain View always has the most samples!
We split a lemon cranberry scone, but really I had 70% heh heh
mmm, it was good.
I went home, planned a lot for Megan’s bachelorette party in Vegas (the weekend I’m back from Europe, oye!), and unpacked more boxes. At this rate, I’ll still be unpacking a year from now!
The most interesting things that happened on Monday are:
1. I rode my bicycle to work. I haven’t done that since I worked in Monterey (that hardly counts because I was only 2 blocks from work)
2. I forgot my badge at home. Thankfully someone let me in at 7 am!
3. I rode home during lunch to get my badge. I tried to make a kale/carrot juice thing, but it was gross.
Attempting this again tonight with better additives (peach, banana)
4. I spent ~3 hours writing this post. I’m either slow or too detailed. I know what Nicole would say….
Tuesday began with a 4 mile treadmill run. I wanted to do more, but in the interest of time I postponed to later in the day. Except that backfired at 10 pm when I saw this at the gym:
Extra gym time is not worth changing in a pitch-black portapotty.
But after work @ 5 and before I saw that sign @ 10, three awesome things happened:
1. Miss Nicole picked me up from work and got to see our “war room”
2. We made a batch of these cupcakes for Sam (a special request for his GF’s birthday – cute!)
Muddy Morphodite Snowman – chocolate coconut cake, chocolate coconut frosting, coconut shavings
3. I went to my Dad & Lauretta’s to say hi to Steve and Amy who are finally back from Japan for gooood!
Today, Wednesday, my sexy chauffeur drove me to work at 6 am:
I did Day 2 of Tina’s Best Body Bootcamp (no time to give it a proper introduction and explain why I signed up, but I’ll mention that when I get back from my trips mid-August).
After 20 minutes of steady state cardio a la treadmill, I did my best to complete Workout B. It focused on my least favorite area to workout: the lower body. One leg sit n’ stands were near impossible for my feeble bum.
Tonight I’m completing Day 3′s workout to try and catch up. The shared doc hit my spam folder originally so I didn’t get the plan until yesterday. :( I did 30 minutes of intervals on the bike and I’m just about to start the core section.
TWO MORE THINGS!!
ONE: I met Nicole for lunch!
Our plates were a mix of romaine lettuce, Italian, and Indian food.
We had a lot to talk about because I won’t see her for TWO WEEKS!! Before I left, we each grabbed a small cup of yogurt raisins and trail mix….
TWO. Kyle and I leave for our Europe trip tomorrow!! I’m so excited, even my donuts are Olympic themed :)
Now I need to pack!
Catch ya later!
2 comments on “Backpack Model”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- and <3 this photo of our growing family #ff #dsrwedding @nicoleolerich instagram.com/p/Zs6jLayBHx/ 5 hours ago
- also beyond excited that 10 of our cousins made it to the #dsrwedding from the midwest :) #ff instagram.com/p/Zs6KN6SBHK/ 5 hours ago
- too soon for #ff? I think not. LOVE this girl, so grateful for her help with #dsloverun & #dsrwedding… instagram.com/p/Zs5CL9SBFv/ 5 hours ago