Posted by Nicole
You know what happens when you move back to college and have pictures of family and friends staring at you?
… You start to get a lil’ bit homesick. Luckily for me, I’ve been finding things to keep me busy so I don’t focus on how much I miss the comfort of my NorCal lifestyle. (Yes, mom, I miss you a lot.)
1. On Wednesday night, I relaxed after 5 hours of dance practice with some good ol’ Happy Hour 2-for-1 drinks.
2. On Friday afternoon, I drove to West Hollywood to help my friend Allison bring all of her stuff to our apartment.
3. We stopped at Trader Joe’s on the way back to campus. I picked up some necessities, notably the Chocolatey Cat Cookies that my sister got me hooked on. Good thing they are only 110 calories per serving because I can eat like 3… or 7 servings at a time.
4. For meals and snacks, I’ve been resorting to four main things. Bowls of cereal, granola bars, oatmeal, and frozen meals on top of spinach. Nice and easy, relatively healthy, and pretty affordable.
5. I ventured to my apartment complex’s gym. It was 80 degrees, there was no water fountain, and no windows. The only pro was that I was the only one in there at 11 PM! Because it was late at night, I only ran a mile and did some squats and chest presses. Nothing too exciting, but good enough considering I was wiped out from dance bootcamp.
6. Today I opted for a trip the USC gym… it was my first time on campus all week and it was cool to see the newly finished McKay Center (this video shows how ridiculous the $70 million building is). There are a few new treadmills that actually have functional TVs! I watched half an episode of Top Chef while running two miles, and then did some ab work. The rest of the day was spent catching up on my Hulu queue.
7. Tomorrow, I need to get my textbooks and finish up any last-minute organization before school starts.
I can’t believe I’m a JUNIOR!
4 comments on “Homesick Distractions”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- and <3 this photo of our growing family #ff #dsrwedding @nicoleolerich instagram.com/p/Zs6jLayBHx/ 12 hours ago
- also beyond excited that 10 of our cousins made it to the #dsrwedding from the midwest :) #ff instagram.com/p/Zs6KN6SBHK/ 12 hours ago
- too soon for #ff? I think not. LOVE this girl, so grateful for her help with #dsloverun & #dsrwedding… instagram.com/p/Zs5CL9SBFv/ 12 hours ago