Posted by Lauren
This will be quick! My 3-day weekend was quite relaxing! I opted to be “busy” doing nothing – a much needed change compared to weeks past.
Most importantly, I decided to pick up a hobby that died 10 years ago – ballet!
Ballet was never my favorite dance style (I loooove tap), but there is a well-priced, well-reviewed studio close to my house that offers a variety of adult classes. I went for a 16-class pass that needs to be used in 8 weeks. I’ll be plié-ing it out for 2 months! Who knows, maybe longer?
After Saturday and Tuesday’s classes, I realized I need to brush up on my French!
EIGHT random things:
1. I drank a lot of healthy juices and smoothies. A bit of a detox, if you will.
2. I made sure to get a LOT of sleep!
3. I spent time outside my bed too – namely a few errands in the south bay and a gorgeous afternoon hike in Saratoga with Kyle.
4. We hung photos! This is only a portion of the collage, since a few already fell down :( Note to self – use nails instead of tape!
5. Enjoyed 1/2*2 brunch items at The Printer’s Cafe (320 California Ave, Palo Alto) on Labor Day – godfather sandwich and breakfast burrito… mmm.
6. A few of today’s eats that I photographed: oat bran + bananas, “Taco Tuesday” catering at work, veggies + chicken…
7. Ran a bit…
8. Tonight I went to see Joanie at Hair Handlers in Willow Glen for highlights. When I showed up at 8:30 pm, my MOM was at the backbar getting shampooed! What a great surprise :)
And now here’s a throwback picture of me as a Candy Cane in the Nutcracker. See, I totally used to do ballet.
Question: What did you do over Labor Day weekend? Would you rather dress up as a candy cane or a gingerbread girl? Because I’ve been both. They never let me be Clara.
2 comments on “Ballet + a lil Candy Cane”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply