Posted by Nicole
The end of the weekend ended in a happy, but sad way. I did a lot of my favorite things that I love about home, but doing those things made me even more sad to leave. It’s weird how that works.
Highlights of Sunday
- A creative breakfast inspired by my momma. La tortilla factory fiesta mini wrap, laughing cow light swiss wedge, ricotta cheese (oddly obsessed), two eggs and some whites, and a bit of bleu cheese dressing. My mom had the same, plus pepperjack cheese and fresh tomatoes. I swear, she would be an awesome food blogger!
- Fueled up, we made a quick trip to the Almaden Farmer’s Market for some goodies. We got some pumpkin Bolani (the best thing ever!!), white nectarines, and tomatoes. And we taste tested lots of pluots, strawberries, and peaches.
- Then we made ran some other errands: Orchard Supply, Petco, Victoria’s secret, and Planet Beauty. How cute is this little doggie anchor dress? Too bad our pups would probably chew it into pieces.
- Then my mom dropped me off at my dad’s house so I could pick up my car. I got rear-ended at a red light on Friday, but my dad worked his magic and perfectly fixed my car. AND he fixed my mirror that got hit a couple months ago. Thanks again pop!
- The drive down went well. Our music selection went from electronic –> rap –> alternative –> 90s pop punk –> rap. We stopped right before the Grapevine at the best rest stop. Chipotle and Yogurtland in the middle of nowhere? Yes please!
- After 6 full days of rest, I managed to fit in a decent run before my classes. I have to admit, I felt like dying after one slooooowwww mile… which freaks me out because I’m running the Nike SF Women’s Half in… FOUR WEEKS. It’s time to get my butt back in running shape. (Or at least slow-jogging-and-not-dying shape).
- The rest of Monday was filled with school, dance practice, a sorority chapter meeting, and lots of note-taking for my astronomy class. (See Mom, I actually do homework)
- After taking notes for about 3 hours, it was time for some sugar and some celebrating. Enter: strawberry shortcake to celebrate my roomie Allison’s 21st birthday! We didn’t do anything too crazy to celebrate her big day, but hopefully we can celebrate appropriately later this week.
- This morning started on a bad note. Remember my beautiful bike that I bought just before heading down to school? It was stolen over the weekend. I am going to find the thief… until then, he or she can suffer some evil karma.
Cross your fingers that I get my bike back safely and SOON!
7 comments on “Karma Karma Karma”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply