Posted by Lauren
So about that awesome weekend I had……. (Really, you should read. Except if you are my mom. MOM, stop reading!)
My weekend kicked off Friday evening with happy hour at La Paloma in Santa Clara, followed by drinks in Palo Alto at The Rose & Crown and Nola. I got to see Kimbo, who was in town all the way from Fresno, along with Kyle, Darrin, and Jeremy. Kimbo brought along fresh-baked cookies inspired by How Sweet Eats’ recipe. They were amazing, of course! It was so great to see her and I’m hoping a trip down to Fresno happens sooner or later!
Saturday morning started off with an early alarm, followed by some packing and cleaning. I left my house and drove south to Morgan Hill to pick up Krizia from her parents’ place. We continued down Highway 101 until we hit our destination: San Luis Obispo.
It’s no secret on this blog that I LOVE returning to SLO, aka my college’s hometown. During the fantasy football draft, a few of us decided it was about time for a SLO reunion trip. An email went out and plans went forward!
The weekend, in pictures and captions:
1. Put a deposit down for friendship tattoos. NOT KIDDING. (Mom, I already warned you to stop reading.) This has been in the works for a while now…
2. Grab lunch from Kona’s Deli – rebuilt to its original splendor after it burned to the ground. Kerry started eating riiiiight away. I ordered a turkey sandwich with all the fixins’ and it was amazing.
3. Drive to Edna Valley Vineyard (enjoy sandwiches on gorgeous outdoor furniture) and then head inside for a round of wine tasting!
4. After a group photo (Andrew, Fran, Me, Kerry, Tyler, Krizia, Aubree), head to Baileyana winery down the street. Share 2 bottles of white wine over a picnic, bocce ball, terrific chitchat, and product development ideas….
5. Pack up and head to the Cal Poly campus to explore, tailgate, and support the Mustangs football team.
6. Thank Tyler profusely for providing us with tickets to the Stampede Club‘s awesome tailgate – free beer, wine, soda, water, tri-tip BBQ, and more! Walk over to the “Battle for the Golden Horseshoe” football game against our rival, UC Davis.
7. Cheer on the Mustangs – they won 28-20 against Davis, who they haven’t beat since 2008. It’s our first time in the Big Sky Conference and we’re ranked #23. Is that good?
8. “Grocery” shopping. Hotel shenanigans.
9. Take those serious faces ^ ^ ^ to the bars! The walk from our hotel was short :) We chose Frog n Peach, because MO|TAV is scary these days (too much hair gel and men wearing sparkly button-ups).
10. Fall asleep. Dream of needles….
11. Grab Starbucks on Foothill. Walk across the street to Traditional Tattoo on Foothill. (What, you don’t get Starbucks and then head to tattoo parlors on Sunday?)
12. GET INKED!!!! #friendship #forever #infinity #mo8 #bestfriends #ilovethesegirls #slo
14. Head to Firestone’s for steak cobb salad, tri-tip, the best fries in the universe, and FOOTBALL. It was brutal watching the Vikings defeat the 49ers. Sorry Krish :(
15. Get all sentimental and walk the streets of downtown. Like a magnet we were drawn to our old townhouse…. #8 (see, 8, sideways, infinity…?!)
16. Before we say goodbye, one quick trip to Avila Beach to play on the swings and
force ask Andrew to snap a few photos…
All in all a perfect weekend getaway. LOVE the girls, love the boys, love the town. So happy they are in my life.
Question: Have any tattoos? Any friendship tattoos? If you had to get one, what would you get and with who? Nicole: you’re next ;)
Lauren’s TwitterMy Tweets
Nicole’s TwitterMy Tweets