Posted by Nicole
Blogging to you today from the center of the beautiful USC campus…
I saw this survey on Janae’s blog and figured it would be a fun thing for today. Though I feel like I’ve slipped from my title as a “runner,” I still figured it was worth a shot… and everyone loves a good survey. What’s better than talking about yourself? ;)
1. Fuel: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other?
During the Hollywood Half, I had a Shot Blok at mile 7 and a GU at mile 9.5. In Seattle and Salinas, I had a GU at mile 8. I especially like Hammer Gels and Clif SHOT Energy Gels. The chocolate fudge with caffeine flavor is the BOMB!
2. Race Length: 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?
I think 10Ks are the most fun because I don’t get super stressed or feel like I need to train for them, but the feeling after a half marathon is unbeatable. The combination of pride, exhaustion, and accomplishment is worth all of the “why am I paying to do this???” thoughts.
3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants or Other?
Definitely voting for capris here! That said, I tend to prefer running shorts for races or longer runs.
4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or Other?
Water (and caffeine) all the way!!! I always get grossed out at races when I accidentally drink Gatorade at the water stations.
5. Running Temperatures: HEAT or COLD?
I definitely prefer cold! I have a really hard time running in the heat. Cold temps make me go faster, and they are a good excuse to snuggle post-race.
6. Running Shoe Brands: Suacony, Mizuno, Nike, Brookes, Asics or Other?
Lately I’ve been running in my Nike Free Run 5.0 shoes, but I’ve also used Asics and New Balance. My Asics are too heavy though, so I am retiring them… and those New Balance minimalist shoes had wayyy too many miles on them, so they hit the hay last May. I need to get some new shoes ASAP.
7. Pre-race meal: Oatmeal, Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?
Oatmeal with banana is a tried and true winner, but granola bars work well also! All I know is, I need to eat a LOT before a race. Some people are the exact opposite, but not this girl.
8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x per week, never ever ever or Other?
I used to average 1 rest day per week, but lately it’s been 2-3 days, and sometimes more. I try to work up a sweat everyday though, because it drastically improves my mood.
9. Music: Have to have it or go without it?
Definitely HAVE to have it, unless I am running with my mom. She is the best company. (So are you, Lauren… especially when I am dying at mile 9 and you entertain me with random stories)
10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or Other?
I’d say a little bit of each of those, but lately it’s been awesome stress-relief.
Q4U: Your turn… Answer one of the above!
One comment on “Running Survey”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Hiked Bishop's Peak for Fake Beerfest Part I @ Bishop Peak (The Summit) instagram.com/p/ZvptI7yBPv/ 2 hours ago
- and <3 this photo of our growing family #ff #dsrwedding @nicoleolerich instagram.com/p/Zs6jLayBHx/ 1 day ago
- also beyond excited that 10 of our cousins made it to the #dsrwedding from the midwest :) #ff instagram.com/p/Zs6KN6SBHK/ 1 day ago