Posted by Nicole
1. This was the playlist that I used for the half marathon on Sunday. The Kaskade Coachella mix is an hour and half long (and you can download it straight from their soundcloud here!). The music definitely helped me through some of the rough hills.
2. When I came home on Sunday, I was so excited to try some of the eggs from our chicken! Two wonderful, home fresh eggs. I wish I could eat fresh eggs each morning, but I guess I’ll just have to wait until summer! (Mom, I bet you can’t wait for me to move back home. HAHA kidding.)
3. After running 13.1 miles in my Nike Free Runs, I vowed to get some new running shoes ASAP. Lauren and I signed up for the Malibu Half Marathon (Nov. 11), so I wanted some time to break in the new shoes. I went to Sports Authority on Sunday afternoon and bought these Brooks PureFlow running shoes. I’ve been wanting to try Brooks for a while now, so I figured I might as well give them a shot. I have not run in them yet because I’m still sore, but they worked great during this morning’s 35 minute treadmill hike.
4. At dance practice today, we wore pink to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month. We snapped a picture at the start of practice before we got nice and sweaty. This Thursday, we are having lunch with Pat Haden, the Athletics Director at USC. I’m excited!
5. My roommates and I are watching the second presidential debate on our new TV. It’s amazing that the candidates remember so many details and statistics…. and it’s also amazing that they don’t cuss at each other in the intense moments!