Posted by Lauren and Nicole
N: Okay guys, it’s time to get selective here. Lauren and I decided on Election Morning (Tuesday) that we would both participate in WIAW and let you all choose whose WIAW looks better. I think it’s unfair because I’m a poor college student and I tend to eat the exact.same.things. every day. She gets much more creative with her daily eats.
L: To check out more WIAW submissions, click on the picture below and head over to Jenn‘s blog!
N: I’ll go first. Tuesday was a really productive day- I woke up before 8 (early for this girl!), did my laundry, studied for my midterm, went to class, VOTED!, struggled through my midterm, unfortunately had to skip dance practice, watched the election results, and went to the gym.
L: Ok, I guess I’ll go second. Basically I woke up, got my red/white/blue election outfit on, voted at the local fire station, and drove to work. Then I realized my computer was at home. D’oh! 10 minutes later I was back at work typing away (love my nonexistent commute). Work, eat, work, eat… work until 8 pm. I’ll go to the gym after I post this?
N: Here are my meals:
- Breakfast: some unpictured frozen grapes right when I woke up (I needed food before taking cold medicine); a big bowl of oat bran with a banana, cinnamon, vanilla greek yogurt, and almond milk
- Snack: Luna Fiber bar before class; coffee after class
- Lunch: 1 egg, 3/4 cup egg whites, cauliflower, carrots, onion, and topped with light marinara; pear; iced oatmeal raisin Clif Z bar
- Dinner: romaine lettuce, balsamic dressing (most boring “salad” ever- the sorority house was out of food by the time I got there)
- Dessert: vanilla greek yogurt, a banana, cinnamon, and a big dollop of peanut butter… and a few more spoonfuls of PB ;)
L: And here are mine:
- Breakfast: unpictured oat bran with banana slices and a scoop of TJ’s chocolate whey protein powder
- Snack: Reese’s pb cup and cinnamon tea with a splash of milk
- Lunch: Taco Tuesday! We get Mexican food catered every Tuesday, so I enjoyed a plate of salad, rice, beans, salsa, guac, chicken + carne asada
- Snacks: new-to-me pumpkin bar from Trader Joe’s. I’m switching it up from the Nutrigrain bars I’ve had on hand for 5 months! also, a red
- Snack: Ugh. Stupid work candy bowl and zero will power. I don’t want to talk about it.
- Dinner: quinoa fried rice with chicken + egg; added pumpkin curry leftover from a conference room (I am resourceful, not desperate)
- Dessert: my 2nd orange of the day!
N and L: So what do you think? Which WIAW wins your vote?
Lauren’s TwitterMy Tweets
Nicole’s TwitterMy Tweets