Posted by Nicole
Happy WIAW! Check out Jenn’s blog for more submissions of meals, eats, recipes, snacks, etc — or click the picture below.
Luckily, I made it in time and the performances went smoothly!
The game was over at 4 PM and I was desperate for a celebratory post-race meal. Lauren picked out a few options for dinner, some in Downtown LA and some in Pasadena, and we eventually decided to drive to Pasadena.
Before we left, we changed into “going out” outfits… I didn’t think that my sparkly red USC dance top would be appropriate.
Driving down Colorado Blvd, I told Lauren I was craving Asian food. Something about Thai, Chinese, Burmese, etc. foods always remind me of family dinners. It seems like 90% of the time we dine out, we eat Asian cuisine. Considering I’ve been eating eggs, oatmeal, and granola bars for what feels like a year, I was excited about eating something new! We decided to stop at this place on a whim…
1218 E. Colorado Blvd. Pasadena CA 91106
We were seated immediately and ordered some organic chai tea.
We each started with an appetizer.
Lauren – Roti & Curry (Indian pancake served with yellow curry sauce)
- roti was good, but it was too greasy – Lauren had to use a napkin to soak up the extra grease
- she described the yellow curry with chicken as “perfect”
Nicole - Tofu Soup (soft tofu and spinach in vegetable broth)
- the tofu was surprisingly soft, there was a lot of spinach, and the broth was tasty
- a little too salty, but that was expected
And then it was time for the main dishes.
Lauren - Spicy Catfish Salad (fried catfish with shallots, green apple, cashew nut, and cilantro with spicy lime dressing)
- way too salty, broth overpowered the entire dish
- cashews were her favorite part; they were very generous with them
- grilled catfish would have been better than fried
- green apple slaw was too tart – heavy on the lime dressing?
Nicole - Green Jungle Curry (eggplant, green beans, bell pepper, basil, with tofu and brown rice)
- perfectly spicy
- loaded with veggies and the same soft tofu as the soup
- Lauren got my bell peppers because I don’t like them :)
It was such a delicious meal and was definitely worth the 13 miles of running that morning ;) We finished the night with a trip to see our grandparents in Glendora and then Lauren packed up her bags to head back to San Jose.
That’s the dining out portion of WIAW, and here is a collection of Tuesday’s eats:
- breakfast: oat bran with a banana and strawberries ‘n banana yogurt
- snack: yogurt and mini larabar (post-race freebie)
- lunch: carrots with ranch, banana, 1 egg and 1 cup egg whites with cauliflower and marinara
- dinner: greek yogurt and fiber cereal
- nighttime snack: grapes and vanilla maple arctic zero ice cream!
Hope your week is going well!
3 comments on “WIAW 11/14: Daisy Mint, Pasadena”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Lauren’s TwitterMy Tweets
Nicole’s TwitterMy Tweets