Posted by Nicole
I’m not gonna lie, today hasn’t been the best. I swear I am more homesick as a junior than I was as a college freshman. Oh well, rolling with the punches here. Here are some tangents from the day because tangents are fun… especially when we are talking about math. I’m going stream of conscious here so it might be a bit wordier than normal.
1. I woke up tired and groggy after 11 hours of sleep (I know, woe is me), showered, made breakfast, and went to class. Exciting news: I officially only have 5 more class days left before study days and final exams. I’m happy about this because my brain is reaching capacity for the semester. Lectures are becoming a big jumble of information… oh wait, lectures actually are a big jumble of information:
2. Luckily, I got out of class just as it started to rain. I walked home in the light drizzle, and stopped for a 4 o’clock pick-me-up. They were out of SF hazelnut syrup so I got SF caramel in my coffee and it was pretty darn good. It reminded me of the caramel frapps I used to order back in the day before I knew about all the “oMg CaLoRieSSS”
3. After class, I started Season 8 of How I Met Your Mother. This show kind of drives me crazy because I just want to know who the mother is!! Anyone else feel like this show is dragging on and on? That said, it was the perfect half-paying-attention-show while doing my accounting project/homework for a few hours. (Side note: double monitors are amazing.)
4. My room has been a mess since Thanksgiving break. How you liking that American flag headboard? I had to put it somewhere while I’m not wearing it… Anyways, I got my act together and cleaned up most of the mess.
5. I have some food and workout updates which will be compiled in a post at the end of the week. In general, workouts have been going great, but today was just “off.” Anyways, I bundled up for the cold walk to the gym (not really, it was 60 degrees). I got through my workout with Thought Catalog entertainment, notably these articles: The 10 Commandments of Borrowing Clothes (cough cough Lauren), I’m Tired of Thinking About Boys (real talk), and 12 Great (Yet Underappreciated) TV Shows You Should Start Watching (not like I need anymore suggestions).
6. The remainder of my night is and will continue to be accompanied by this white powdered crack… #horriblejoke. Hoping that doesn’t lead to any questionable search engine referrals.
Hope your week is going well. We made it past Wednesday and the weekend is near. Holla.
Q4U: Are you the type of person that multitasks while watching TV?
I sure know Lauren and I are… I get so antsy when I am watching TV without doing other tasks.