Posted by Nicole
Get ready for a randomly detailed post full of bullet points. This is mostly for my own motivation and lack of memory.
Up until Christmas, I have challenged myself to give up/limit a few “unhealthy” things:
- desserts: cookies, candy, cake, brownies, ice cream, froyo, etc. – this won’t be too hard because I surprisingly don’t crave these too often
- bad beverages: no energy drinks; alcohol and/or soda limited to once per week – this will be difficult because hello, I’m in college… and I randomly crave soda like crazy!
- unnecessary carbs: white bread/rice, cereal
So why am I doing this? Well, if it isn’t obvious, I’m not loving the look of the ol’ body lately and I think that making these changes to my diet will give me a bit of a refresher. Not to mention that cutting out the above foods and beverages will help with my workouts.
Good fuel –> good workouts –> motivation to eat well… It is a cycle!
- 1: eggs and whites, cauliflower, nooch; strawberries
- 2: banana oat bran, greek yogurt, peanut butter, almond coconut milk
- 3: cranberry oatmeal cookie powerbar (race freebie from the Turkey Trot… love this one!)
- 4: raspberry yogurt mixed with some plain greek yogurt
- 5: eggs and whites, onion, marinara; carrots and ranch
- 6: greek yogurt, banana
- 7: pear- my favorite fruit lately
- 8: carrots and PB
- 9: salad topped with steamer garden veggie mix and an egg
- 10: salad with fruit (blushing salad as the sorority calls it), cottage cheese
- danced at the men’s basketball game vs. SDSU- such a close game, but we lost 60-66
- 2 mile treadmill walk
- 20 mins elliptical, 1.5 mile run – fun morning workout with Charlotte!
- 2 hr dance practice – learned a new routine!
- 1.5 mile run, 5 mile walk – perfect “me time”
- 2 hr dance practice – we ran in the gym, ran stairs, and then did strength: burpees, lateral skater jumps, tricep dips, planks; and then learned another new routine!
- 20 mins elliptical, 20 mins bike
- strength: 3×15 of oblique dips w/ 25# plate, leg lifts, pushups… on knees
- 2.5 hr dance practice
- 20 mins bike, 20 mins elliptical, 20 mins bike
That’s all for today, thanks for reading my rambles :)
Q4U: Any recent challenge that you are trying?