Posted by Nicole
Hi friends! Happy Thursday. Lately I have been sleeping in until 10:30 (
or later), but today I woke up at 7:30 to get back in the early morning routine. I finished some final homework assignments, organized a finals study guide, and of course caught up on blogs. Though I didn’t participate in What I Ate Wednesday (check out Lauren’s awesome meal from last night here), I did manage to snap a few pics. Good things about today: breakfast/snacks/lunch, some fresh air in the USC quad, and a final presentation in my accounting class.
In other news, Megan from runningonjava recently tagged our blog for the Liebster award. I started reading Megan’s blog a few weeks ago and I love it. It’s awesome to read about a college student, sorority girl, and runner… it’s definitely relatable! We also got tagged for this award on Grace’s blog, so Lauren will answer those questions in an upcoming post!
Here’s how it goes:
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you
- Create 11 new questions
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post
- Thank the person that nominated you and tell the people you’ve nominated
- I have a hard time buying food at the grocery store if it isn’t on sale. I tend to go for the store brands if they are cheaper.
- My high school dance team was the Hip Hop National Champion in 2008!
- When I was a little kid, I used to eat cream cheese directly out of the container. I easily still could. No shame.
- I went vegan for one month last summer. It was a learning experience because I learned how to cook with lentils, tofu, protein powder, etc.
- My favorite thing to buy are shoes- I have at least 30 pairs of shoes at my apartment… and many many more at home. You never grow out of shoes, that’s why I love ‘em!
- I’m Lauren’s sous chef / co-baker for her local cupcake business.
- My immediate family is ever-growing: Lauren (sister), Mom, Dad, David (Mom’s fiance), Lauretta (step-mom), Steve and Katie (step-siblings), Nate Ben and Sam (future step-siblings). I love big families and am so thankful that ours has grown over the years.
- I played the flute in advanced band in middle school. It was a pretty big deal.
- Some of my family members call me “Nicki” or “Nickerbocker,” though I definitely prefer Nicole :)
- Some of my favorite childhood activities were jumping on the trampoline, playing tetherball and badminton, and nerding-out with my game boy color and game cube.
- When Lauren and I were little, we would clean the house and leave notes for our parents saying that “elves” cleaned the house. I bet my mom still wishes we did that…
Wow that was difficult – it’s hard to come up with random facts that aren’t often mentioned on the blog!
Now to answer Megan’s 11 Questions:
2. What is your favorite scent?
11 New Questions:
- What is your favorite band/artist?
- How many houses have you lived in throughout your life?
- Where was your last vacation?
- What internet browser do you prefer- Safari, Chrome, Mozilla, etc.?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is a current goal that you are working towards?
- What are your 3 favorite TV shows?
- Choose one: looks, luck, or money.
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
- Would you rather have a fancy dinner out or a fun clubbin’ night of dancing?
- Would you rather do the dishes or do laundry?
And finally, 11 nominated bloggers:
- Just kidding, I’m too lazy and I love everyone. I nominate anyone reading :) Or just answer some of the above questions in a comment!