Posted by Lauren
Hi friends! Happy Friday!!! I don’t know about you, but this week was pretty busy and my unconfirmed insomnia was in full force all week. I’m looking forward to a restful weekend and Kimbo’s holiday soiree on Saturday!
Here’s how it goes:
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you
- Create 11 new questions
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post
- Thank the person that nominated you and tell the people you’ve nominated
- When I was little, I carried a doll around everywhere. The doll had purple hair. Naturally, I named her “Purple-haired Dolly.” Such a wild imagination…
- After I graduated from high school, I road-tripped with three of my best friends from dance team down to LA for a vacation (which we payed for with babysitting money). We had a quick chat with Tom Cruise when he was promoting War of the Worlds.
- A similar trip happened 4 years later, but instead of LA, I joined my college roomies + Katie on a cruise to Mexico!
- I didn’t start drinking alcohol until the end of my sophomore year in college. I just liked Dr. Pepper more!
- Our grandpa has a really neat old car. A Thomas Flyer from the 1900s!
- Nicole isn’t the only one who danced in college. I participated in the student-run spring dance show every year and even choreographed a few dances (by myself and with my best friends).
- I’m still rooting for the comeback of Lindsay Lohan and Amanda Bynes.
- My mom’s 50th/Nicole’s 16th/My 21st birthday party was one of the best nights of my life.
- I was in the Statistics Club in college. We’d all go to The Shack to hang out and eat peanuts.
- My uncle Rem, aunt Marilyn, mom, Nicole, and I hiked Half Dome in Yosemite the week after I graduated. The hike was loooooong, but totally worth it!
- I worked at Chk Fil A in college! It would get so hot in front of the fryer making chicken sandwiches, waffle fries, and the chicken nuggets! I also worked at the other cafeteria stations (imitation versions of Panda Express, Subway, and Taco Bell).
Now to answer Grace’s 11 Questions:
1. Where is your happy place to retreat to?
San Luis Obispo, CA! SLO reminds me of all my friends and the great times I had in college. The town is so peaceful, always sunny, is totally walkable, full of friendly townsfolk… it will always hold a special place in my heart. If you’re ever driving from northern CA to southern CA, you’ve got to take highway 101 and stop in SLO! Email me, I’ll send you plenty of recommendations.
**tired of adding photos, just text from here on out**
2. How many siblings do you have?
Depends on how you count it… ONE (Nicole)…. SEVEN (Steve and his wife Amy, Nathan, Ben, Nicole, Sam, and Katie)…. it keeps getting bigger :)
3. If you could have one superpower?
This reminds me of the show Charmed. I always thought Piper’s ability to freeze time was the best, but if I had to have a superpower it would be teleportation. I want to apparate!!
4. Your top Christmas wish list?
I’ve asked for two things, an apple TV from my mom and David and an Urban Decay eye shadow palette from my dad and Lauretta. I really don’t want much this year, except for the ability to give my loved ones the best gifts ever and a delicious family dinner in SF the weekend after Christmas. It’s sort of a tradition (Wayfare Tavern in 2010 and Barbacco in 2011).
5. If you could be anywhere in the world right now?
Machu Picchu with my Costa Rica girls! I want to do the Inca Trail so bad!
6. What did you have for breakfast?
If it’s Monday – Friday the answer will always be: a bowl of oatmeal with banana slices and a scoop of TJ’s chocolate whey protein powder. AND COFFEEEEEEEE!
7. Biggest pet peeve?
When people leave time on the microwave. (Read that on somebody’s Myspace page a long time ago and now it annoys me!)
8. Never have I ever…?
Yikes! Um… there are actually quite a few things I could add to this list but where would the mystery be? I’m going to take the easy way out and say Never Have I Ever been to Canada. But I want to!
9. Earliest memory?
I’m failing at this one… I remember eating Jolly Ranchers in kindergarten on the side of the playground. Let’s go with that.
10. Early bird or night owl?
NIGHT OWL!!!!!!!!!!! It’s bad.
11. Least favorite food?
Pineapple. It’s weird.
11 New Questions:
- What’s your favorite snack food?
- What did you study in school?
- Describe your ideal Sunday.
- Rainy day or snowy day? Why?
- What was your favorite birthday party growing up?
- If you could move anywhere, where would it be?
- What’s your absolute favorite dessert?
- Does your extended family live close by or far away?
- What’s one lesson you learned from your parents?
- What’s the best part about going to the movies?
- Do you use any file sharing services?
And finally, 11-ish Question Answerers (ignore if you’re too busy or already did this!)
- My bff, Fran, who just started a brand new blog! (Fran since you do short posts, you only have to answer one of my questions)
- ALL THE BLOGS (really, I love reading all your blogs so much!)
- Any family members reading this post, leave us a comment answering one of the questions! We’d love to “hear” from you!
- One of my fellow bridesmaids, Alix, from Ebbertt, Table for 2
- Theresa from A Spoonful of Sunshine
- Sarah from Simply Sarah
- Shannon from The Girl’s Got Sole
- Sierra from Posh Meets Pavement
- Kristy from Run the Long Road
- Krissie from A Philly Nerd Girl
- Jorge Garcia? It doesn’t hurt to try…
Lauren’s TwitterMy Tweets
Nicole’s TwitterMy Tweets