WIAW 12/12: Study Snackage

Posted by Nicole

Woah it’s 12/12/12 today! That’s pretty cool.

It’s also Wednesday, which means it’s time for the weekly roundup of meals and snacks for Jenn’s What I Ate Wednesday link-up. If you are new to the blog, you can check out our About page for more details about who we are and how crazy we are. (Kidding, sort of).

These are Tuesday’s eats and I have to admit, having to take photos kept my from indulging in unhealthy study snacks……. interesting how that works. I’m glad I ate relatively well because eating bad food drags me down, which in turn makes me not want to study even more. Did that make sense?

Anyways, let’s get to it!

8 AM – I started the morning with a small breakfast of oat bran with half a banana, cinnamon, and stevia.

banana oat bran

9-11 – Early morning dance practice! We cleaned the new routine that we learned last week and our coach said we will probably perform it at the Dec. 20th game. I really hope we do because my mom is going to be in LA for that game!

12 – Lunch came courtesy of the sorority house. I took to-go plates of salad with salsa and avocado chunks, some fajita peppers and mushrooms, and strawberries.

IMG_6698

1:30 PM – Lunch did not hold me over too well, plus I wanted a break from studying and I felt snacky. Two slices of wheat toast with sugarfree strawberry jam and some yogurt did the trick.

IMG_6708

2 – I walked over to Starbucks for some coffee and because I had a special meet-up!

IMG_6701

3-4 – Ellen, a blog reader, was in town for USC spring admit orientation. She will be officially attending SC in a few weeks and it was SO fun to chat about blogs, dancing/singing, majors/minors, our hometowns, exercise habits, etc. So nice meeting you, Ellen!!!

IMG_6703

5:30 – Dinner came early because I’m a grandma. In an effort to clear out my fridge, I simmered down a ton of spinach and paired it with three dippy eggs. And an apple for a sweet ending.

IMG_6705

7:30 – This is when the snackage cravings really hit! I’m glad I kept it pretty controlled though, going to back to one of my favorite snacks. A 100-cal bag of kettle corn with some cinnamon and SF syrup kept me busy while I finished up some accounting practice problems.

IMG_6707

8-9 – Gym time! I walked to the gym, ran 2.5 miles, did some corework and pushups, ran 1.5 more miles, and then walked back to my apartment.

9:30 – My post-workout snack was 3 egg whites (salted and so tasty) and some sugar cookie sleigh ride tea. I’ll be so sad when this seasonal tea is off the shelves :(

IMG_6710

All in all, a good day of workouts, studying, and meals.

Hopefully my accounting final goes well today.

– Nicole

Q4U: What is your go-to study snack?

Comments (9)

1. Ffion @ Chocolate and Raspberries

That looks like a good day of eats! I’ve not had popcorn in the longest time, I’m going to buy some for when I have a DVD night with the boy this weekend! I really want to try that tea, I wish I could get it over here in the UK!
    Ffion @ Chocolate and Raspberries recently posted..WIAWMy Profile

2. Fran@ Broken Cookies Don't Count

I love oat bran…I should make it more often. I LOVE your San Fran mug!!
    Fran@ Broken Cookies Don’t Count recently posted..WIAW~Mindfulness Is WorkingMy Profile

1. Sugar Coated Sisters (Post author)

Thanks! I stole it from my house and brought it to my apartment because it’s giant!

3. Liz @ I Heart Vegetables

I love those 100 calorie bags of popcorn because they give you so much to snack on!!!

I’m also really glad I found your blog :) you guys are so cute!

1. Sugar Coated Sisters (Post author)

Thanks Liz! And yes, I agree… I’m always surprised how much popcorn comes out of the little bags. Definitely a good thing though :)

4. Eating 4 Balance

That lunch looks so fresh and healthy. I’m impressed. Whenever my dorm does anything food related it’s always popcorn pizza, candy, cookies, etc.

So cool that you got to meet a blog reader! I always wish that I could meet a few fellow bloggers in real life for a meet-up. That would be so much fun.

And I have that same graphing calculator! Sadly I haven’t really needed it this semester, but next in Stats I’ll need it for sure. I just hope I don’t forget how to use it. Haha.
    Eating 4 Balance recently posted..Final Exams + WIAW + My Favorite Christmas MoviesMy Profile

1. Sugar Coated Sisters (Post author)

I hope your graphing calculator is also covered in stickers :) in high school we would get stickers for answering really tough calculus problems. I’m never going to take them off! And you will definitely remember how to use the calculator, it’s like riding a bike :)

5. Megan @ runningonjava

Your sorority sponsored great food, so jealous!! That popcorn combination is my favoriteee nighttime snack :) Good luck on your accounting final, a bunch of my friends are in accounting and always talk about how difficult it is!
    Megan @ runningonjava recently posted..WIAW: End of classesMy Profile

6. Ellen Yin

Yayyy I’m in a SCS blog post, totally made my day! Haha props on the photo editing btw… :) It was so fun meeting up yesterday, I’ll definitely see you around Nicole! Also, GOOD LUCK on your finals!!!