Posted by Nicole
Blogging to you from the McDonalds parking lot in Pasadena! My mom is currently at a work meeting and I’m patiently waiting for us to hit Highway 5-N and get up to the Bay Areaaaaaaa!
We started our morning with Starbucks and I finally tried the egg white, spinach, and feta wrap that Lauren raves about. I liked it, but wish I had some hot sauce to spice it up! (Sorry if you are craving one now, Lauren)
Let’s talk about yesterday…
- I woke up at 9 and went to the sorority house for breakfast. I was forced to take cereal because it was going to be thrown away when the house closed for winter break. My response: “Well if you insist……” ;)
- Spent two hours cleaning every inch of the apartment and packing for winter break.
- Went to the gym with Nika and Aliyah (dance team buddies). We biked for a while, did random strength exercises, and then reviewed dance routines in the fitness room. So fun!
- Then the three of us took a quick trip to the Downtown LA Target for fake eyelashes, bobby pins, and a hair-teasing comb #dancerproblems
- I quickly dropped them off back at school and then drove to LAX to pick up my mom! She so nicely offered to fly down and drive back to San Jose with me. It worked out perfectly because she was finally able to see me dance at the men’s basketball game last night.
- I curled my hair and put on pounds of makeup for the basketball game… then it was game time! But first, an obscene amount of pictures. We wore Christmas-themed outfits for the first half of the game because we did a Christmas routine, but changed into our normal red top/jazz pants combo for the second half. I felt a little silly, but dressing up sure was fun.
Time to drive!
Question: Are you more motivated when you go to the gym with people or by yourself?
I honestly think I am more motivated when I go by myself. I tend to fool around and not really get much done when I go with friends. That said, it is more fun :)
Tell me something you are looking forward to this weekend! Entertain me while I sit in the car for 6 hours :)
Lauren’s TwitterMy Tweets
Nicole’s TwitterMy Tweets