Posted by Lauren
Hello! Happy Friday Night! Just checking in quickly with 5 updates for you and 5 questions so that we can learn a little more about you :)
1. This is my Tahoe [ski lease] cabin in daylight. It has four bedrooms, three bathrooms, a huge living room, and a kitchen already stocked with tasty food and snazzy drinks. I’m in love with it! Friends and family are welcome up any time! You just have to put $20 in the Gnar Jar.
Would you rather have a ‘vacation home’ near the beach, in the mountains, or near ski slopes? Why?
2. I was WFC (working from cabin) today while the guys skied. Our water was broken, so I got to be the one that let the plumber in. We now have water! At the end of the day, my computer showed me the Blue Screen of Death. Yikes! “Beginning dump of physical memory” What does that mean?!?!?!!!!!! Most of my stuff is on Norton Zone, so I’m not too worried about this memory dump, but still. WTF.
Have any of you seen a similar error? What’s your worst computer crash moment?
3. When the guys got back from their glorious day at Squaw Valley, they asked me to join them at Trout Creek Rec Center so they could go in the hot tubs. I didn’t pack a swimsuit, so I hit the cardio room instead. Um, running at 6200 feet is really hard. I also wasn’t expecting to be on a treadmill this weekend, so I ran without a sports bra (eek), a water bottle, and headphones. Needless to say, I only made it 30 minutes. Check out that snowy background!! :)
Do you ever run at a higher elevation than normal? Does it affect your speed?
4. Right now the guys are playing Tekken on xbox (snoooooze!) and I’m writing this blog post. We’ve got about six people on the way up, so it’ll turn into a packed house. Yes! I have ZERO video game know-how. I remember playing Top Gear on Super Nintendo and Animal Crossing on Game Cube, but that’s it. I was definitely more of a computer game kind of girl, preferring Age of Empires and Roller Coaster Tycoon.
Do you play video games? If so, what’s your favorite and on what game console do you play it?
5. My manager gave me a bottle of wine for Christmas. :) The 2009 cabernet sauvignon is from Justin Vineyards & Winery in Paso Robles (aka so close to where I went to college!) It’s absolutely delicious! Problem is, we don’t have any *big enough* wine glasses at the cabin to drink out of. I solved that problem with this snazzy root beer float mug. Notice the movie poster in the background, that’s G.N.A.R. The Movie - the motto and lifestyle my fellow cabinmates live by. Basically it’s about proving you are the best skier on the mountain by racking up gnar points.
What’s one activity or hobby that you would get the most “gnar points” for doing? (basically, what makes you feel like a badass that can tackle any challenge?)
K, we’ve got Shepherd’s Pie in the oven and more shenanigans to start. Signing off!
Lauren’s TwitterMy Tweets
Nicole’s TwitterMy Tweets