Posted by Nicole
A lot has happened since I last posted on Tuesday. I’ve been up to a lot of exciting stuff that doesn’t have to do with school. Recap time:
1. I’ve still been doing really well eating most of my meals at the sorority house. Kudos for saving grocery money!
2. Men’s basketball ALMOST beat University of Oregon (literally missed it by one basket). This would have been awesome because Oregon is ranked and we aren’t, buuuuut we lost :( Luckily, we beat Oregon State last night by one point!
3. My best friend from home, Cassie, goes to Pepperdine and she came to the game with a few of her friends. We spent the night out in Downtown because my friend’s brother was DJing. It was such a long night of dancing- from the basketball game at 8 pm and the club dancing until 2.
4. Three of the girls are DG’s at Pepperdine so I gave them the officially tour of our chapter’s house.
5. Friday was a pretty lazy day. LA weather has officially transitioned into “summer” weather… I’m loving it! Other highlights from the day were visiting 2 Chainz the puppy and eating junk food with Charlotte. Lesson learned- never get to extreme hunger because you will resort to 7-Eleven snacks. (Totally worth the stomach ache though)
6. On Saturday morning I hiked to the Hollywood sign with my friend Grant. I wanted to take photos, but I forgot to bring the memory card for my camera (blonde moment I guess). At least the iPhone has a dang nice camera.
7. Luckily I convinced two of my dance team friends to hike with me this morning! We hiked about 4 miles and the air was extremely clear. We could see Downtown, USC, Culver City, Hollywood, Santa Monica, Venice Beach etc. from the top of the hill. This time I remembered my memory card :) I already have shin splints and a bit of a sunburn. I think that means I got a good workout!
8. I finally roasted the eggplant and broccoli that have been hanging out in my fridge for the past week. Nice and simple with garlic powder, minced onion, and a spice blend that I got for Christmas. I always forget how good roasted veggies are!
And now I’m watching the 49ers game with my roommate Allison. I’m publishing this with 1 minutes left in the game and it looks like the niners are gonna win!!!! Hello Super Bowl!
One comment on “Lots of Exciting Stuff!”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply