Posted by Nicole
I was doing pretty well with my mile-a-day streak, but I kind of fell off track these past few days. That’s okay though! I was starting to get a little burnt out and anytime the gym feels like a forced activity, workouts lose their appeal. Over the weekend, I opted for resting and hiking with my buddies instead of being a gym rat. It’s good to mix it up. Today I had a great workout and am looking forward to more productive ones throughout the week.
I looked back into recent posts and I haven’t done a workout roundup since January 9th, so here’s what’s been going on since then. Many kudos to the “Notes” on my phone for keeping track of my workouts. My memory is thankful.
Thursday, January 10
- 1.25 mile run (outside!)
- 3 hr dance practice
Friday, January 11
- danced at basketball game vs. Washington
- 3.1 mile run, random weights stuff (donkey kicks, bridges, leg lifts, bicep curls, shoulder raises), 30 mins bike
Saturday, January 12
- 3 mile incline walk in the morning
- 2 mile run, 4 mile incline walk, 45 mins bike (while watching 49ers game!)
Sunday, January 13
- danced at basketball game vs. Washington State
- 4 mile run, 2 mile incline walk
Monday, January 14
- 15 mins elliptical, 15 mins bike, 6.25 mile run, 20 mins bike (a day of cardio love)
Tuesday, January 15
- 1 mile run
Wednesday, January 16
- 3 mile run, random weights stuff (bicep curls, lateral raises, cable rows, cable tricep pulldown, oblique dips), 15 mins bike, 10 mins elliptical
Thursday, January 17
- 2 mile run, 20 mins bike
- danced at basketball game vs. Oregon
Friday, January 18
- REST :)
Saturday, January 19
- 3.3 mile hike by the Hollywood Sign
- danced at basketball game vs. Oregon State
Sunday, January 20
- 4 mile hike by the Hollywood Sign
Monday, January 21
- 25 mins bike, 5 mile run, 25 mins bike
Yesterday felt good to run after taking 3 days off. So far I have completed my Mile-a-Day 81% of the month (17/21). Time to finish strong for January!
Other than working out on Monday, all I did was go to Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods to pick up ingredients for a special recipe. The traffic in Hollywood and Santa Monica was worth the trek; the recipe turned out amazing! (More details on that for WIAW)
And then I did homework for hours and hours……..
Literally, 5 hours straight. I can’t believe four days of classes amounts to so much homework. And I still have a lot to do. PS- Explosions in the Sky makes great studying music.
That’s all for now. It’s 12:34 and I have class tomorrow. Have a good 4-day week!
Lauren’s TwitterMy Tweets
Nicole’s TwitterMy Tweets