Posted by Nicole
I might be the most shameful Bay Area native ever. I did not watch the Super Bowl. Not even one little glance at a television! Let me explain…
I woke up before 8 this morning (I know, yikes) and got ready for the women’s basketball game at 10. The game was originally scheduled for 4 PM, but hey, there was like omgz-the-biggest-sports-game-ever during that time.
The basketball game went well in the beginning, but eventually we lost to the CU Boulder Buffs. After retiring the pom poms, I quickly grabbed iced coffee with two of my friends and parted ways. My really fun destination: a study room! Yayyyyy. I’m not gonna lie, I was actually excited to buckle down and cross some things on my lengthy to-do list. I spent three hours studying at the study room, and realized at 3:45 that I was super hungry.
Back to the apartment I went, and soon after, back to the studying. 7 hours of straight studying was a necessary thing today, and it happened to mean missing the Super Bowl. Though I’m preaching, “Live a Little,” sometimes you have to be responsible. (And by sometimes, I mean more often than not. God gave me a brain. I am using it.) Plus, I was getting live updates on Facebook/Twitter and from the ESPN Sports Center app… that’s gotta count for something.
And yes, to everyone on social media, I get it. Beyonce killed it. I’ll watch it on YouTube.
The day was focused on homework and doing laundry, but I also focused on taking “WIAW” style pics of my daily snacks/meals and actually doing a workout after FOUR days off. Yup, didn’t make it to the gym last night like I said I would. I opted for sleep and today was definitely productive as a result!
FOOD: Atypically, there was not a Super Bowl snack in sight.
- breakfast before the game: two eggs, three egg whites, lots of yummy spices
- post-dancing treat: medium nonfat iced sugar-free vanilla latte from Seattle’s Best. I’m not a big fan of really milky or COLD coffee, but this was really good!
- study snack 1: cottage cheese and more of the caffeinated good stuff
- early dinner: roasted veggies- this mix had one eggplant, 3 big carrots, and 2 small sweet potatoes. mentally reminding myself to roast sweet potatoes more often.
- study snack 2: banana and some unpictured cheddar cheese courtesy of my roomie Hanah
- late dinner/pre-workout fuel: oatmeal with a banana and some greek yogurt
FITNESS: Atypically, no Super Bowl day-drinking led to a great nighttime run.
- This was an unexpected longish run. I told myself “one mile… okay, two… okay just do a 5K… tough it out and do 5 miles… alright shoot, just make it an hour.”
- I realized that it’s hard to run for an hour and running for 2+ hours on Feb. 17th is going to be major #struggz
- My Nike Frees are killing my feet. I’ll hold onto them until I find a shoe donation place… then they are goners.
Alrighty it’s time for a quick shower and then a headfirst dive into my beautiful bed (not really… it’s a really uncomfortable twin dorm-style bed). I have grand plans of waking up early tomorrow. Writing it here to be held accountable!
Hope you had a great weekend and enjoyed the Super Bowl. And to all the 49ers fans, at least we have some other fabulous sports teams to rep’ the Bay.
4 comments on “Atypical Super Bowl Sunday”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply