Posted by Lauren
In the middle of this post, I have an awesome sun-dried tomato + chicken recipe for you that blew me away Monday night. Make sure to copy-paste the recipe into your calendar and make it this weekend! Or pin it. Or hand write it. Or memorize it. You choose.
I had dinner plans on Monday night with Sarah (high school bff) and Cindy and Mike (parents of our other high school bff Natalie). We started monthly dinners together a while ago, and I am so happy we’ve kept them going!
Let’s start with my 5 PM trip to Yogurtland. I am a sucker for free things. And for frozen yogurt. So you can only imagine how irresistible free frozen yogurt is to someone like me!
Thank you, Janae, for sounding the alarm about Yogurtland’s awesome deal happening from 4-7 PM on Monday to honor National Frozen Yogurt Day. (I knew the day after the Super Bowl had to be some sort of epic holiday!) I filled my cup with chocolate, red velvet, and pistachio frozen yogurt and gently placed Reese’s, muddy buddies, banana slices, and kiwis on top. This was my first banana topping experience… amazing.
I let that deliciousness digest… and two hours later I was at Cindy’s house promising her that my Yogurtland monstrosity she saw on Instagram absolutely would not spoil my dinner. The four of us sat down to a table with adorable Valentines Day decorations and a yummy side salad.
For dinner, we each had lemon-zested green beans, chicken spaghetti, and chicken with sun-dried tomato-cream sauce (recipe copied from magazine clipping, BELOW!).
Sarah and I were absolutely in love with this sun-dried tomato chicken!! Tangent: I think sun-dried tomatoes are a seriously underrated ingredient… every time I eat something with them (like pizza!), I remember just how fabulous they are. At one point, our mom had a huge Costco jar full of sun-dried tomatoes. It lasted us almost an entire year (expiration dates don’t bother me). I think it’s time to get another one of those!
Chicken Breasts with Sun-Dried Tomato-Cream Sauce
Yield 4 servings – From Bon Appetit, 1999
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to drippings in skillet. Add sun-dried tomatoes, shallots and garlic. Reduce heat to medium and saute until shallots are tender, about 5 minutes. Add cream and bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits.
- Mix any accumulated juices from chicken into sauce. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer chicken to plates. Spoon sauce over and serve.
My slice of bread looked like a bunny!
After dinner, Cindy asked us to open our Valentine’s Day gifts. How did we get so lucky?!
Thank you, Cindy!!!!
We had a little dessert-appetizer while waiting for The Bachelor to start :)
And then we planted our butts on the sofa next to Binky and their new puppy, Owen. He’s so adorable and spunky!
This mid-yawn photo is priceless.
During the drama and craziness of The Bachelor, Cindy gave each of us a giant bowl of tiramisu. (!!!) I’m not sure if this counts as one serving (or three, or six), but I ate all of it because it was sooooo good.
I loved soaking up the extra espresso/rum sauce with the sponge-like ladyfingers. I believe Cindy followed this Giada recipe, but I’m not 100% positive.
Sarah and I left with some leftovers, full bellies, and adorable Valentine’s Day goodies… The countdown to next month’s dinner SLASH Bachelor season finale starts NOW.