Posted by Lauren
Over the weekend I went through a full tank of gas in just 24 hours! It was definitely a whirlwind weekend with a lot to do, places to go, and people to see! On Friday night, after Nicole’s 21st birthday dinner, I filled up my empty gas tank at the cheapest gas station in town (I love Arco’s AMPM). Somehow, the miles just ticked away: 1, 2, 3… 456, 457, 458…
1. Nicole’s 21st on Friday (a few back and forth trips to Los Gatos/San Jose)
2. San Jose > Palo Alto (to retrieve Nicole’s mysteriously missing iPhone) > Oakland for the Bouncy Ball 10K
3. Oakland > San Jose with two sleepy heads
4. San Jose > Gilroy for outlet shopping and hanging with the newly engaged couple, Victor & Maria!!
5. Gilroy > San Jose to quickly hang out with Kyle, Darrin, Todd, Jess + friends before their poker game started
6. San Jose > Mountain View at 7 PM to quickly pack for…….
7. Impromptu Tahoe trip!!!
Since Nicole came home Thursday for her birthday, I didn’t think Tahoe was in the cards this weekend. I looked at my schedule and realized that Nicole wouldn’t miss me (sad, but true) if I was gone on Sunday. So, I drove up to Tahoe late Saturday night, all by myself, to take advantage of the cabin and “new” snow. I arrived around midnight, just in time for the rave music and laser light show. If you know me, you know I can sleep through ANNNYYYYTHING. It’s a terrific skill.
The ski slopes were great, all things considered (translation: what can you do with just 6″ of new snow? #imeanreally). I spent Sunday at Alpine Meadows skiing with everyone from the cabin. Party of 8! And then a little extra time at Squaw Valley….
I was going to turn this post into my weekly workout recap, but I’ll save that for tomorrow. Spoiler: I didn’t do any strength training. Whoops?
Question: If you had a full tank of gas and nowhere to be for 24 hours, where would you go? If only you could drive to Hawaii… :)