Posted by Lauren
Isn’t that a beaut?
On our way back from Fresno this weekend, Kyle and I stopped at a fruit stand and picked up strawberries and cherries, respectively. Last night Kyle begged me to take a few more of his strawberries because that’s basically all he’s been eating since Sunday haha… I topped plain oatmeal with strawberries and mixed in a banana for a decent breakfast.
My fridge was bare (tortillas, eggs, and turkey – that’s it) so after work I paid the Joe Trader a visit:
Green things. Nice change.
Then I went to the gym for 5 easy miles in 45 minutes. Seems like all runs are “easy” these days….
Let’s play two truths and a lie:
1. Nicole went to Crossfit today!
2. Katie and Doug are going to Monterey Beer Festival this weekend!!!
3. I don’t like salads anymore.
Ok, so #3 is the lie. While I haven’t personally been making salads for lunch or dinner lately, I’m not against them. To prove it, I made like 27 servings of salad for the next few days
Top to bottom: great northern beans, carrots, squash, mushrooms, green pepper
- Chop everything up, except the beans and put into large container
- Pour balsamic vinaigrette over the top, cover, shake until well mixed
- Scoop a cup of the vegetable/bean mixture up and add to TJ’s pre-made Pasadena salad
On the side I had carrots + TJ’s spicy hummus.
I literally have 3.5 quarts of mixed veggies/beans to add to 2 pounds of baby spinach. I think the Salad Takeover has officially commenced.