Posted by Lauren
1. Blogging from the WordPress app while on a stationary bike is so two-birds-one-stone :) If only I could figure out how to do this while running!
2. Not so much running these days because the upper part of my IT band is acting up. I ordered new shoes to remedy the situation (Brooks PureFlows that Nicole loves) so we’ll see what happens when they arrive. I have two half marathons the first weekend of August (Salinas Valley on Saturday and Giant Race in SF on Sunday). They are two of my favorite races, I won’t let myself miss them!!
3. I owe my best buds some updates!!
They’ll be in your inbox tonight, promise.
4. Kyle’s in Colorado this weekend hanging out with his fam and I really wish I was there!
5. Isn’t there a rule that if it’s summer you should have ice cream daily? I’m on a serious ice cream kick these days — My flavor of choice? (randomly) mint cookies and cream!
6. I want to be Ursula for Halloween!!
And here’s why:
On Saturday I drove down to my mom’s house for an early dinner. Nicole made a tomato/basil/cheese salad and mushroom raviolis with balsamic and veggies. After dinner, we went to our stepsis Katie’s summer play, The Little Mermaid.
No photos or videos allowed so here’s part of the lobby. The play was very well done, with a great cast, detailed sets, and special effects.
We went outside during intermission and absorbed the gorgeous views of San Jose. The school has one heck of a campus!
I’ll post our Vine videos soon!
Photos with dad. :)
Katie did a great job in the show as one of the seagulls and made a cameo as “Hardcore” Princess Belle in the 2nd act. She’s a natural comedian.
After the show, our fam went to Sweet Retreat for ice cream (see #5). They make some of the best flavors in all of San Jose and the line is crazy long.
But like I said, Ursula – the evil Sea-Witch – that’s going to be my next Halloween costume. I was inspired by this adaptation:
The purple beehive wig, the sparkly hose tentacles… I love it!
Question: Favorite animated Disney movie? Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin
I’ll be in LA for Halloween so will you make my costume Nicole?
Lauren’s TwitterMy Tweets
Nicole’s TwitterMy Tweets