Posted by Nicole
1. I’ve been obsessed with candy corn lately. I don’t know if it’s the season or what, but I can’t get enough. It’s a problem. Many thanks to my little/roomie for enabling me.
2. On Monday night, I joined two friends for a run around campus. I ran 3 miles (with a few walking breaks) with them and 2 miles solo. I was happy to feel awesome throughout the run. It’s so encouraging after a few months off to be able to get back in the groove.
3. Tuesday morning dance practice was extra bright because we wore pink to support Breast Cancer Awareness Week.
Yikes… 7 am faces.
4. I’ve been continuing to slip workouts into the day when I’m being lazy and watching TV/reading blogs. Doing sedentary activities on an elliptical helps me feel a little more productive. 30 mins Monday morning, 40 mins Tuesday night, 30 mins Wednesday morning.
You’re welcome for that wonderful photo quality. Paul McCartney rocked his performances on Jimmy Fallon.
5. It rained for the first time in LA. It’s crazy that I was enjoying summer weather at the beach on Sunday and then rained today! People were going crazy with excitement… or disappointment… not sure which one. Coldish weather always reminds me of NorCal.
6. Instead of having normally scheduled dance practice on Wednesday night, our coach let us go to the LA Clippers open practice and scrimmage at our very own USC Galen Center (our performance court during season). It was interesting to see the team run drills and play against each other. It was also fun to be in the audience for the dance team’s performance and see what it’s like from the crowd’s point of view. Seeing dances firsthand reinforced the importance of big movements, sharpness, over-the-top facials, etc.
Don’t mind the silly faces…
7. I have a midterm on Thursday! I’m feeling very prepared for it. School has been a painful balance… senioritis is alive and real. I’m still forcing myself to spend some nights at the library drawing doodles… jk that diagram was for Project Management homework.
8. I have been listening to so much good music lately and can’t wait until Monday to do a Musical Monday — remember when I used to actually do those?!?! There are lots of good jams coming your way.
Hope your week is going well.
Lauren’s TwitterMy Tweets
Nicole’s TwitterMy Tweets