Posted by Lauren
In one of my first posts of the new year I said I would share my running plan for this year (because I’ve actually put a good deal of thought into it) but alas, no post yet.
Time to fix that!
Last year was the year of Rock n Roll. My mom and step dad kindly gifted me the Rock n Roll tour pass, which gives you unlimited access to the RnR races in the US. We did Washington D.C., San Francisco, San Diego, St. Louis, Los Angeles, Las Vegas… am I missing one? It was so awesome to travel with my parents, see family, see the sights, dine in fabulous restaurants, and -well- the running was alright.
It’s no secret that since I started working at my current job, my running quantity AND quality have decreased. Sometimes it bugs me, but most of the time I’m just happy that I have a job that keeps me busy, challenged, and fulfilled. I’ve been actively going to Bar Method classes for 14 months now and although it’s $$$$, the money factor is what gets me out the door and into the studio 3-5 days/week. I’m still happy with my BM involvement and I do feel stronger (especially my “seat” lol).
But…. (there’s always a but)
I really want to be in better running
shape mindset. I say “mindset” because I want to look forward to running and relish the opportunity to either get outside and clear my head or stay indoors (treadmill) and catch up on my favorite shows. Sure, it would be nice to get faster along the way, but that’s not my priority right now.
The better running mindset won’t happen overnight. I know that I’ve got to be more consistent, goal-oriented, and work hard for it. That’s my long winded, stream of consciousness way of introducing this (loose) plan. It’s mapped out through the end of the year and obv it’s only mid-February but I think I can stick to it.
- Hal’s 12-week Intermediate Half Marathon Training Plan
- Start: Week of January 5th
- End: Week of March 30th
- Total: 13 weeks (one week to botch)
- Race: April 4th – Marin 1/2 (link)
- Week of April 6th: Ragnar Relay: SoCal on April 10-11 (link)
- Week of April 13th: REST!!
- Week of April 20th: Rock n Roll Nashville 1/2 (link) SO, SO, SO EXCITED FOR THIS TRIP!
- Hal’s 8-week Intermediate 10k Training Plan
- Start: Week of April 27
- End: Week of June 15
- Total: 8 weeks
- Race: June 21 – Marina Bay 1/2 (link)
- Week of June 22nd: REST!!
- Week of June 29th: REST!!
- Hal’s 8-week Hard 10k Training Plan
- Start: Week of July 6th
- End: Week of Aug 31st
- Total: 9 weeks (one week to botch)
- Race: TBD (Richmond 1/2 and Alum Rock Trail Hog 1/2 on my radar)
- Week of September 7th: REST!!
- Week of September 14th: REST!!
- Hal’s 12-week Hard Half Marathon Training Plan
- Week of December 14th: REST!!
- Week of December 21st: Figure out next year’s plan……
So far, I’m registered for Marin, Ragnar SoCal, Nashville, and Marina Bay. Registration hasn’t opened up for Walnut Creek yet and I’m looking for a coupon code for Paso’s race.
Speaking of codes!
Have you heard of the Cal Half Series? One year I did like 10 races in their series and quickly fell in love with the smaller scale, more local races. If all goes according to plan, I’ll complete 4 of the CHS races this year (aka the minimum for a challenge medal). I’m on their mailing list and they just sent out a bunch of coupon codes today. Take advantage of them if you’re interested!
ACTIVE COUPONS FEB 16th
- 15% OFF – http://marinmarathon.com – Code: CAL15
- 15% OFF – http://novatohalfmarathon.com – code: CAL
- 15% OFF – http://marinabayhalfmarathon.com – Code: CAL
- 15% OFF – http://www.tiburonhalfmarathon.com – Code: CAL
- 10$ OFF – http://www.slomarathon.com – Code: CALSERIES – Valid through April 6 2015
- 10% OFF – http://www.clocowhalf.com – Code: CAL2015
- 5$ OFF – http://citytothesea.org – CAL5OFF
- 20% OFF ALL elite sports CA series events – http://www.elitesportsca.com – Code: CALHALF1520 – After Early Bird Pricing
- 10% OFF – http://zoomarun.com/napa-valley – Code: CAL – Valid through June 15 2015
- 25% OFF – www.runwalnutcreek.com – Code: WCHM25POFF – Valid through Feb 28 2015
Are you signed up for any races in 2015? What’s your favorite race everrrr?